Social Media Usage
Social media Consumption
On average, global web users across 10 countries spent roughly
ﬁve and a half hours on social networks in February 2010
Italians, Australians Spend Most Time on SocNets
Web users in Italy spent the most average time on social
networks last month, six hours, 27 minutes and 53 seconds.
- 145 -
Facebook Adv Oportunite
If you're thinking of tapping into the
Facebook crowd for some high-
proﬁle advertising, take a look at this
list of 100 tools and tips that will help
you maximize all of the applications
and opportunities that Facebook has
- 150 -
Twitter - example
Twitter Pool Gucci vs Burberry
BoF Twitter Poll: What do you think of Gucci Eye Web versus Burberryʼs Art of the Trench?
1. Burberry shows a deep understanding of how to use social
media, while Gucci just jumped on the “bandwagon” without
thinking ﬁrst, which feels “insincere.”
2. Burberry creates a “visual feast” that inspires users to
explore further, while Gucci quickly loses usersʼ “interest.”
3. Burberryʼs offering is “fun,” functionally superior, “user-
friendly” and easy-to-navigate while Gucci frustrates users.
4. Art of the Trench relies on editing by Christopher Bailey to
ensure the integrity of the brand is maintained while Eyewebʼs
images often have no clear connection to the brand.
5. Art of the Trench is linked to a speciﬁc business objective
whereas the purpose of Eyeweb is unclear.
- 153 -