Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Refineries in Ecuador
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Refineries in Ecuador

529

Published on

Refinery Industry view in Ecuador

Refinery Industry view in Ecuador

Published in: Education, Business, Travel
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
529
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
10
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Students: Jaen Lizeth Larrea Castro Gabriela Miranda Cusme Carolina Ramírez Atiencia Rosa Villalta Troya Erika Class: 6th B. Teacher: MSc Max Galarza.
  • 2. Introduction  Actually, Ecuador’s government is running a 20 year term project that involves the change of the productive matrix of the country.
  • 3. Change of the productive matrix of Ecuador  This strategic shift would depend on the incentives that the state could give to five industries considered strategic.  Refineries, steel, petrochemicals (fertilizer), copper and shipbuilding, are the industries that will enable the change in the Ecuadorian production matrix
  • 4. A 20-year plan  The first strategy is the selective substitution of imports and the acquisition of applied technology via transfers from other countries.  This will be done in order to transform our primary agricultural export model through the introduction of new industries (biofuels, mariculture, refineries, petrochemicals, shipbuilding, steel and metallurgy).
  • 5. What is a refinery?  A refinery is a production facility composed of a group of chemical engineering unit processes and unit operations refining certain materials or converting raw material into products of value.
  • 6. Types of refineries Petroleum oil refinery Sugar refinery Natural gas processing plant Salt refinery Metal refineries
  • 7. Refineries in Ecuador  Currently, the country is producing 530 000 barrels per day on average. Of them, about 160 000 barrels refined in Esmeraldas, Shushufindi and Libertad; and the remaining 370 000 barrels would be as a balance to the refinery of the Pacific.
  • 8. Refineries in Ecuador  Ownership: Petroecuador  Location: the province of Esmeraldas in the northwest of Ecuador  Capacity: 5.5 million tons/annum & 110,000 bbl/day
  • 9. Refineries in Ecuador  1977 - The refinery began operations with a capacity of 55 600 barrels per day  1987 - An expansion project increased capacity to 90,000 barrels per day.  1997 - The refinery expanded its facilities to process 110 000 barrels per day.
  • 10. Refineries in Ecuador  Products Produced Gasoline, diesel, kerosene, liquefied petroleum gas LPG), jet fuel, fuel oil No. 4, No. 6 fuel oil, asphalt 80/100 and RC-2, as well as butane, propane and solid sulfur.  Ongoing Projects Ecuador planned to invest $700 million to renovate and modernize the Esmeraldas refinery by 2013
  • 11. Refineries in Ecuador Ecuador has been in talks with China's biggest oil producer for a year about funding the 300,000 barrel per day Pacific project, which aims to start output in 2017 and is a joint venture between Ecuador and Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela S.A.).
  • 12. Refineries in Ecuador  The Pacific Refinery project began in 2008.  Petroecuador owns 51% of its shares, the remaining 49% of which is owned by the Venezuelan oil company, PDVSA.  With regard to the cost of the project, the shares provide 30% and external financing provides the remaining 70%.
  • 13. Interview  ING. AMILCAR CALLE OIL OPERATOR PETROECUADOR 2013
  • 14. GOOD MORNING I AM STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE SANTIAGO DE GUAYAQUIL, AND I’M IN THE HALF OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE AD FINANCE CAREER. THE REASON FOR THE INTERVIEW IS TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT REFINERIES THAT ARE IN OUR COUNTRY AND TURN THE NEW PROJECT THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS HOLDING, PACIFIC REFINERY. WHICH WOULD BE TAKING INTO ACCOUNT ITS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES. 1) Taking the potential reference of large-scale oil production recorded throughout history in Ecuador, how you determine the importance of this resource for the country? Oil is considered by some as the blessing of the people and by others as his curse, for not having made ​good use of this non- renewable natural resource. At present, it is very easy to find an application that uses oil or one of its derivatives, find fuel for many transport and also as beauty product like asphalt to pave streets and roads that allows road development to throughout the country. is a vital resource that reflected million in our trade balance as one of our most outstanding products that Ecuador has had throughout history. 2) What do you think is the purpose of having refineries with Ecuadorian oil exploitation? Based on the experience I have in working with some refineries I can say that all have a single purpose such as primary caretaker industrialization of hydrocarbons in Ecuadorian territory, in order to meet domestic demand for fuel in the country, preserving the ecological balance through the prevention and control of environmental pollution is Petroindustral . Oil exploitation has caused serious ecological damage, especially in the Amazon.
  • 15. 3) How many refineries are there nationwide? There are 3 refineries. Esmeraldas, Libertad and Shushufindi . And the Pacific Refinery will be the 4th. 4) What benefit s do you expect of the Pacific Refinery ? The Eloy Alfaro Pacific Refinery is one of the flagship projects within the plan of energy sovereignty, to be ready by 2017, as announced by the President of the Republic , Rafael Correa. The project represents a change in the country's productive matrix generator and other economy, goods and services. Keep in mind that this exploitation to nature reserves also has disadvantages like environmental damage caused by the oil industry. The first refinery and petrochemical complex Ecuador, located in Aromo, Manta canton, in the province of Manabí, will represent an investment of about 12,000 million. The refinery Pacific is a work that will generate thousands of jobs and Manabí development. 5) What products do you think will be obtained from the Pacific Refinery? Some products derived from this input as gasoline and high-octane out, diesel, gasoline, oils, alcohols, also to produce paintings and flavoring and plastic are some of the products obtained from the refining and currently imported. This work will avoid leaving around million annually for fuel imports, which is a big plus for our country because it will allow us to save money and implement it in other projects for improvement.
  • 16. Recruitment of Petroecuador  http://www.eppetroecuador.ec/Trabajeconnosotros/index. htm
  • 17. Recruitment of Petroecuador Internal
  • 18. Recruitment of Petroecuador External
  • 19. Annexes
  • 20. Annexes
  • 21. Netgraphy  http://www.andes.info.ec/en/no-pierda-economia/first- phase-pacific-refinery-214-complete.html  http://www.andes.info.ec/pt/no-pierdaeconomia/primeira-fase-da-refinaria-do-pacificoavanca-2144.html  http://www.pdvsa.com/  http://www.shushufindi.gob.ec/fckeditor_upload/Image /mapa_shushufindi.jpg

×