Be the first to like this
Food and Beverages Wonders in Ancient Egypt 5500 years
• The 1st Food recipe explains ingredients, cooking method with pictures
• Egypt kitchen
• Hunting meat
• Banquet for the Queens
• Egypt kitchen bakery
• Beer making
• A meal demonstration consists of bread and fish
• Bread dough rolling and making
• Ducks , goose and fish food processing
• poultry , eggs, vegetables and cereals
• Top : Grapes harvest and wine making founded
bottom: Food processing
• Fish from the River Nile
• The fine dinning room
• Duck ,fish ,eggs, dates and fruits
• Egyptian models of clay beer jars
• Milk was fed to sick ancient Egyptian children from these Bes jars in hopes that the milk would be transformed into medicine ceramic New Kingdom Late Period
• Reconstructed kitchen as it as since 4500 years
• Triangular bread loaf
• An Egyptian eating duck
• Egyptian farming
• Dr. Zahi Hawas ( President of supreme council of antiquities ) on a press conference about a new excavations for new pyramid in Egypt
• The interior Theban Tomb 1, on the West Bank of Luxor. Scenes in these tombs reflect daily life activities as well as religious themes
Herbal Remedies used by the Ancient Egyptians
• Acacia (acacia nilotica)- vermifuge, eases diarrhea and internal bleeding, also used to treat skin diseases.
• Aloe vera - worms, relieves headaches, soothes chest pains, burns, ulcers and for skin disease and allergies.
• Basil (ocimum basilicum)- excellent for heart.
• Balsam Apple (malus sylvestris)or Apple of Jerusalem - laxative, skin allergies, soothes headaches, gums and teeth, for asthma, liver stimulant, weak digestion.
• Bayberry(Myrica cerifera) - stops diarrhea, soothes ulcers, shrinks hemorrhoids, repels flies.
• Belladonna - pain reliever;camphor tree - reduces fevers, soothes gums, soothes epilepsy.
• Caraway (Carum carvi; Umbelliferae)- soothes flatulence, digestive, breath freshener.
• Cardamom( Eletarria cardamomum; Zingiberacae)- Used as a spice in foods,digestive, soothes flatulence.
• Colchicum (Citrullus colocynthus) - also known as "Meadow Saffron", soothes rheumatism, reduces swelling.
• Common Juniper tree (Juniperis phonecia; Juniperus drupacea)- digestive, soothes chest pains, soothes stomach cramps.
• Cubeb pepper (Piper cubeba; Piperaceae)- urinary tract infections, larynx and throat infections, gum ulcers and infections, soothes headaches.
• Dill (Anethum graveolens)- soothes flatulence, relieves dyspepsia, laxative and diuretic properties.
• Fenugreek(Trigonella foenum-graecum) - respiratory disorders, cleanses the stomach, calms the liver, soothes pancreas, reduces swelling.
• Herbal Remedies used by the Ancient Egyptians (continued)
• farm4.static. newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45197000/jpg/flickr.com/3046/2793024263_3495b...
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.