2. The video… <ul><li>The video I have chose to analyse is “This Will Be The Death Of Us” by Set Your Goals. </li></ul><ul><li>I picked this song because it is an interesting song with a hidden meaning that I like. </li></ul><ul><li>The genre of the song is pop punk. A convergence of genres has been used in the video; as live and storyline is used. </li></ul>
3. The beginning of the video <ul><li>At the beginning it is dark and you can hear the song start to play. This is not diagetic sound as you cannot see the band playing it. As the drums kick in you see the drummer playing the song, and realise the band have recorded parts of their video at a show. The dark lighting is typical of a concert of this genre. The band walk on stage and pick up their instruments, and once the song kicks in more lighting is used to show the band. Long shots are used here to show to whole band as one and show the crowd too. </li></ul>
4. As the video progresses… <ul><li>Further on in the video you see the vocalists behind some bars. The lyrics at this time talks about things like “The kids we were set out to play the music through the songs that gave us drive” which is talking about the bands early tours and wanting to achieve something. The bars on the video symbolise the restriction on the band. In these shots like lights are flickering showing troubles. Another shot of the singer is used sat alone on a set of stairs. It is dark and only half of the face is lit up. This could show good and bad things happening at this time. The lyrics back this up by talking about touring but then missing friends, family etc; “I was losing all I’d worked for I was losing all my friends” </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>A close up of a man with a hoody on and the hood up is used to turn on a switch. The lyrics at this time talk about how the band is successful and is going well. Sparks come off the switch so this could show the troubles in getting to this point for the band. As the switch is turned on the songs tempo increases and the sound sounds happier. This could represent the band hitting success. This man then walks into the crowd, takes his hoody off and joins the band on stage. This shows unity between the groups of friends, especially when they jump into the crowd. </li></ul>
6. Album cover <ul><li>This is the album cover for “This Will Be The Death Of Us” by Set Your Goals. The first thing you see are all the skulls which give the album cover a look that a rock/metal album should have. The colours used are majority blue’s and whites. The colours used are bright giving a positive idea about the album. However this is contrasted by the majority of the rest of the album cover. The band name is on a banner wrapped around a skull and the album name is on banners wrapped around 2 axes. This gives ideas that the album is dark and gothic, when it isn't. This makes the album cover unconventional as bright colours </li></ul>and skulls/axes are not generally used together. The background in the cover is the sky with clouds breaking apart. This represents the idea that they are breaking free, or that the light is starting to shine on the band. This idea is backed up by lyrics like “This is all our days ahead, this is where I found an open “ in the album.
7. Poster <ul><li>This is the flyer for the release of “This Will Be The Death Of Us” by Set Your Goals. The poster has the same look as the albums using intertexuality and synergy. This is so that the poster can be seen leading up to the release of the album, and then when the album is released it will immediately be recognised by the consumer. </li></ul>
8. T-shirt <ul><li>This is the t-shirt that was released when the album was. As you can see the same design has been used creating synergy once again. </li></ul>