2. Magna Carta• It was written on june 15 1215 in England.• It Reduced the power he held as the King of England and allowed for the formation of a powerful parliament.• It was a form of “Rule of Law” because it gave citizens rights that the king couldn’t change.
3. Glorious Revolution• England• William the 111 and Mary 11 of England• English Bill of Rights
4. The English Bill of Rights• It was written 1689• It was a re-statement in statutory form of the Declaration of Right presented by the Convention Parliament to William and Mary in March 1689, inviting them to become joint sovereigns of England.
5. The Enlightenment• The Enlightenment was a Philosophers way of talking to the government ???• It didn’t really have a starting date but I believe it ended around the 1800’s.• It just was important I don’t know why?
6. Charles-Louis Montesquieu• Montesquieu was from France.• He is famous for his articulation of the theory of separation of powers, taken for granted in modern discussions of government and implemented in many constitutions throughout the world.
7. John Locke• From England Born August 291632 October 28 1704.• Natural Rights has been described as a law whose content is set by nature and is thus universal.
8. Jean Jacques Rousseau• Jean-Jacques Rousseau he was born in Geneva (28 June 1712 – 2 July 1778)• The social contract is an intellectual device intended to explain the appropriate relationship between individuals and their governments.
9. Thomas Jefferson• From England• Most famous for writing the Declaration Of Independence.• Property didn’t ﬁt with the other words such as “Life” and “Liberty”.