2. Part 1:Stop Waiting for thePerfect Technical Co-Founder and StartLearning How to Code
3. Why learn how to code?
4. A lot of you just havean idea
5. If you’re expecting to find someoneto build that idea for you, it’snever going to happen
6. Demand for developers hasskyrocketed
7. Think about it…
8. Anyone with any programmingtalent is getting offers fromFacebook, Google and dozens ofother startups right now
9. Why should a programmer chooseyour idea over any other?
10. Do you want topay someone?
11. 1)You will pay too much
12. 1)You will pay too much2)You’ll be unhappy with the process
13. 1)You will pay too much2)You’ll be unhappy with the process3)You’ll get something back you didn’t want
15. WHY?Software is hard to estimate
16. WHY?Software is hard to estimate“Should this really take 15 hours, oram I getting ripped off?”
17. If you’re an entrepreneur waiting forsomeone to execute your idea for you,you’re not an entrepreneur
18. (sorry)If you’re an entrepreneur waiting forsomeone to execute your idea for you,you’re not an entrepreneur
19. “Pre-Dodgeball I went through 3-4 years thinking Iwas going to meet some magical engineer whowould build all the stuff I was thinking about. But Inever met that person, so I taught myself ASP andMS Access out of a book and got to work justhacking stuff together. I’m still a really shittyprogrammer but I know enough to hack a prototypetogether.”- Dennis Crowley, Foursquare
20. Learning how to code≠How to be a software engineer
21. The point is for you to learn tocode well enough tobuild a prototype
22. (aka Minimum Viable Product)The point is for you to learn tocode well enough tobuild a prototype
23. MVP = quick + dirty
24. “Product with the fewestnumber of features needed toachieve a specific objective.”– The Entrepreneurs Guide to Customer Development
25. Side note: build products that arevaluable despite being ugly
26. Eventually you’ll need tofind a lead developer
27. Knowing how to code helps youfind, pitch and manage gooddevelopers
28. More and more, the things weinteract with in the worldaround us qualifies as“technology”
29. There are 10 kinds of people:
30. There are 10 kinds of people:Those who understand binaryand those who don’t
31. Society is quickly dividinginto two groups:1)Those that know how to code –they can manipulate the very structureof the world around them.If you’re interested in learning more, read Program or Be Programmed: http://amzn.to/yzd6hm2)Those that don’t – their lives arebeing designed and directed bythose that do.