1. LIFE OVER A
AFFECTS ON THE
2. •Photosynthesis is a process that
converts carbon dioxide into organic
compounds, especially sugars, using the
energy from sunlight .
• Photosynthesis using light energy to
remove hydrogen atoms from water
•During absent of light, the plant do not
photosynthesize ,however it respirate like
animal which consume oxygen and release
carbon dioxide .
•In a series of reactions, light energy, carbon
dioxide and water are combined to create
food for plants.
• Plants release oxygen into the air as a by
product of photosynthesis.
Plant outside housePlant outside house Plant inside housePlant inside house
~What is the differences between both
of the plant?
~Why this happened?
1.Place a healthy plant leaf inside a container and
tightly close the lid.
2.Securely place the carbon dioxide-sensing element
in the hole in the side of the container.
3.Let the sensor equilibrate for a few minutes
before beginning the experiment.
4.Cover the container with aluminium foil.
5. For another plant, Place a lamp 15cm from the
6.Click Start to begin recording data.
7. Record data for about 30 minutes, then click
7. • Why the oxygen level release for the
covered beaker is less compared to
the beaker which exposed to light?
• Does plant inside the covered beaker
undergo photosynthesis? Why?
• What is the significance of light for
• When the absent of light, photosynthesis does not
occur - no sunlight for energy but respiration does
occur, which consume oxygen and gives off carbon
dioxide just as it does in animals. Thus, the level of
• No photosynthesis occur during dark, plants did not
make food with the absent of light, so they shut
down by closing their stomata.
• Photosynthesis involves using light energy to remove
hydrogen atoms from water molecules.
9. ~masitah put a box on the field in front of his
house. After two days, he removed the box
and he saw the grass became yellowish.
~why is this happened?
Before After 2 days
10. • The grass did not undergo photosynthesis
because of the absent of light.
• It turns to yellowish because it does not
• It just use the remaining food inside the
grass to continue its life.
• If the grass being exposed to the sunlight it
will become normal as the green grass.
11. UNIQUE FEATURE
OF DATA LOGGER