RAPID FIREROUND WITHMIKEPROULXCURATED BY PRASHANT HARISH HARI
1. IS THERE ONE HYBRID ORINTEGRATED STRATEGY YOUVE SEEN IN THE SOCIAL TV SPACE SO FAR THAT STANDS OUT ABOVE THE REST?How Bravo executed its "Last Chance Kitchen" webseries really comes to mind as it did a really great integrating web +job ofTV to extend itsstorytelling and in a way thatattracted brands (in this case Toyota).
2. DO YOU SEE A EVOLUTION IN THE REMOTE CONTROL WHEREBY SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS LIKE TWITTER, FACEBOOK, GETGLUE ARE INTEGRATED INTO THE REMOTE CONTROL? WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE FUTURE OF THE REMOTE CONTROL?I dont see social media buttons being integrated but that theinto the remote controlremote control will (and is)changing into second screenapps. I use the Xfinity TV remote all of the time tofind programming, change channels, and set my DVR. most common TVIt is likely that theremote will simply be oursmartphones.
3. WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE KEY BEHAVIORAL CHANGE AS PEOPLE ADOPT THE 2ND SCREEN MORE AND MORE? ASIDE FROM THE ABILITY TO CHECK-IN AND HAVE CONVERSATIONS AROUND SHOWS, DO YOU SEE A WIDER BEHAVIORAL CHANGE AT THIS STAGE?The hope from second screen app providers is thatthey will gain a mass audience of individuals who simultaneous companionwantcontent to the show theyrewatching on TV. While I think that canwork for for some genres of programming (sports,events, and game shows) I think the purpose of thesecond screen is becoming much more valuable as ameans to watch TV as an alternativewhen there isnt a TV set around.
4. YOU MENTION "SOCIAL MEDIA CANNOT SAVE A BAD TVSHOW, PRODUCT OR SERVICE. HOWEVER,IT CAN, WITHOUT DOUBT, ENHANCE A GOOD ONE".- DO YOU SEE CONTENT ITEMS, IN THIS SPACE, SCALE (OR DROP) FASTER THAN BEFORE IF IT DOESNT LIVE UP TO AUDIENCE EXPECTATIONS?At the end of the day, people tune into television for No amount of socialgreat TV shows.integration, innovation, orcool technology will make upfor poor ratings. Can social media helpto drive tune-in? It seems so. But after tuning in, ifthe content is bad, people wont tune-in again.
5. WHAT DO YOU CURRENTLY SEE AS THENUMBER ONE ISSUE IN ADVERTISING INRELATION TO THE 30 SECOND AD SPOT?Advertisers now, more than ever, need to find waysto break through the increasing distraction thatstaking place (because of second screen usages) And, again,during commercial breaks.that comes down to creatingcontent that resonates. Justbecause its a TV commercial, doesnt mean it cantbe 30 (or 60) seconds of compelling content.
SOCIAL TVBuy the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Social-Marketers-Audiences-Connecting-Television/dp/1118167465Connect with the authors on Twitter: @McProulx and@bosmediacontentVisit the website: http://www.socialtvbook.net/
THANK YOU !!Contact me:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: @prazhariLinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/prashanthari