Out of our experience in Austria a 1-week program Edu on Tour:2012 was coming out as a dynamic group learning process with concrete results and a social impact. In November 2012 12 social entrepreneurs and education activists from all around the world met up to a social media campaign for making alternatives in education visible.
The participants realized the tour within a self-organizing process from and met the first time in person at the start in Amsterdam.
Among those were also the responsible stuff and founders of Nuestra Escuela (Puerto Rico; Stated funded school with democratic principles; http://www.nuestraescuela.org/) that is one of the driving forces in the education transition in South America. During the Edu on Tour Styria we visited 5 alterna-tive education institutions.
A traveling report of the EoT2012 can be found at: http://www.knowmads.nl/the-educational-revolution/
• Knowmads Business School (Netherlands; Alternative Business School; 1 Year Full – Time Pro-gram) http://www.knowmads.nl/
• Neue Schule Hamburg (Germany; Democratic School) http://www.neue-schule-hamburg.org/, Kinder entscheiden total frei über Lerninhalte werden von Erwachsenen nur beraten) http://www.neue-schule-hamburg.org/
• D&F Academy (Germany; 1 Year Change Maker Program, 6 weeks fulltime) http://dfacademy.org/
• KaosPilots (Denmark; Business school; official Bachelor degree possible) http://www.kaospilot.dk/
• YIP - International Youth Program (Sweden; 1 year Change Maker Program, Social Entrepreneurship) http://yip.se/
• Nuestra Escuela (Regelschule mit demokratischen Prinzipien, Schüler entscheiden selbst über ihre persönliche Lernstrategie) http://www.nuestraescuela.org/
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.