5. MODES OF WRITING Modes of writing, forms of writing, types of writing, domains of writing. Whateveryou want to call them, there aredifferent categories for writing. Each mode has a specific purpose. There are five established basic modes.
6. CREATIVE WRITING• Creative writing is writing that expresses the writer’s thoughts and feelings in an imaginative, often unique, and poetic way.• The primary purpose of creative writing is to entertain the reader.
7. DESCRIPTIVE WRITING• The primary purpose of descriptive writing is to describe a person, place, or event so that the topic can be clearly seen in the readers mind. The writer must use vivid details that paint a picture for the reader.
8. OBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION• Focuses on facts, statistics, observable details. Textbooks, encyclopedias, training manuals, business reports, and government publications include objective description. Objective description avoids emotion, sensationalism, or subjective interpretation.
9. SUBJECTIVE DESCRIPTION• It reflects the thoughts, feelings, mood of the writer.• One writer may write a glowing description of Las Vegas, marveling at the lights, the glamour, the grandeur.• Rather than focusing on factual detail, subjective descriptions seeks to create powerful impressions
10. NARRATIVE WRITING• The primary purpose of narrative writing is to describe an experience, event, or sequence of events in the form of a story.• In Narrative writing a Author chance to make his mark on the world by relating a story that only he can tell whatever it comes from his Personal experience or his imagination.•
11. EXPOSITORY WRITING• The primary purpose of expository writing is to provide information such as an explanation or directions.• For example why Reman Devis came in Pakistan.
12. SIVEPER SU A G WR ITIN
13. PERSUASIVE WRITING• The primary purpose of persuasive writing is to give an opinion and try to influence the readers way of thinking with supporting .• Writers purpose: - to inform - to Entertain - to shape a view point- to argue for or against a position
14. ANY QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
15. Thank You Resource person: M. A SheikhInternational broadcaster/ journalist