• How many people have a twitter account?
• Personal vs Corporate
• Do you tweet?
• How often do you tweet?
• What do you tweet about?
• Do you have a tweeting / twitter strategy?
• Do you utilize twitter as a consistent recruitment tool?
• Are you leveraging twitter across all social media?
• Twitter is the evolution of real-time messaging
• Group Chat Rooms, Yahoo IM or AOL AIM
• Blackberry Messenger, Cell Texting
• Internal Chat / IM Programs
• Social Media to “web 2.0” format
• FREE “Micro-blogging” service
• Info share between people with common interests, aka
• Instant resource to share your brand with the world
• 140 character line = concise (learn the short-cuts)
• “Real-time chaos”
• "Life moves pretty fast," said Ferris Bueller
• Open-source, social media messaging tool
• 105,779,710 registered users
• ~300,000 new users per day
• 180,000,000 unique visitors
• 55,000,000 tweets per day (1 in 2 users tweeting)
• 600,000,000 twitter search engine queries per day
• 3,000,000,000 requests per day
• Imagine your article or site shared this way!
• 75% of traffic is OUTSIDE of twitter
• Access Twitter through more than 50,000 apps
• 30% of users are <25
most popular site on the web
*Danny Sullivan of twitter, 2010
•Go to www.twitter.com and “join”
1. Create a user name - unique
2. Build out your profile
3. Set your preferences
4. Customize your background TRG
5. and start tweeting
•Start searching and following others
•Direct Messaging or retweeting people
• Consistent updates with content (Strategy)
1. Job postings
2. PR / News
3. Blog links
• Download and leverage twitter management tools
With only 140 characters allowed, need to learn the shortcuts
• URL shortening
• Ex: www.recruitcamp.com to http://bit.ly/10RYax
• Ex: www.quintiles.com/careers to http://bit.ly/culjff
• Be concise, use your text-speak
• Hash Tag # = a searching and text filter feature
• Ex: #job for a job tweet
• Ex: #recruitcamp to tweet on this event
• @username to send a message or mention in a tweet
• Dusername is a direct message to a
• Not following but want to recruit them!
JUST TWEETING IS NOT ENOUGH!
•Utilize hash tags for searchability and to increase followers
•Links are best when merged with a url shortening tool
• More common and less commercial in twitterville
•Job postings are PR for your Brand!
• Use a timer to get to the right audience
1. HIRING: Sr. Product Development Engineer - Medical
Device, RTP NC - The Wellington Group http://bit.ly/mO7lp
2. Looking for: Product Development Engineer – Medical
Device http://bit.ly/9Q6Xiy posted on @Oodle
• Twitter Search Tools
• Boolean or Google Logic
• Ex: in:twitter.com sas programmer
• Excellent social media connection tools = open source
• tweet once, update everywhere!
• Be concise and develop a strategy
• Leverage the tools and apps available to you
• Be creative, no right or wrong but what works = ROI
• “Just Do It”
Twitter Sites for Recruiters
For additional / future questions contact The Recruiting Guy:
email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
phone @ 910-338-2795 ext 119
Connect with me:
LinkedIn @ www.linkedin.com/in/chriswellington
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/therecruitinguy
Facebook @ www.facebook.com/TheRecruitingGuy
Ecademy @ www.ecademy.com/user/chriswellington
Blog @ www.therecruitingguy.com
(comments and posts highly encouraged)