Presentation deck for today's (Oct. 15, 2009) Social Networking panel at the J.D. Power Automotive Internet Roundtable.
A large number of the car dealers now on Facebook and Twitter use their status updates to list inventory. However, the real value in joining these social networks may be the opportunity to create relationships with both customers and colleagues alike.
This panel covered:
• OEMs and dealerships who are using social networks effectively
• Opportunities to build relationships with current customers and potential rewards (increased visits for service, referrals, etc.)
• Advantages of connecting with fellow dealers (information sharing/collaboration, etc.)
- Christopher Barger, Director of Social Media, General Motors (@cbarger and @GMblogs)
- Jared Hamilton, CEO and Founder, Drivingsales.com (@drivingsales)
- Tom Chisholm, Midwest Sales Director, Facebook
- Eric Miltsch, IT-Web Director, Auction Direct USA (@AuctionDirect)
- Ralph Paglia, Director of Digital Marketing, ADP Dealers (@ralphpaglia)
Moderator: Mary S. Butler, Editor of Headlightblog.com and Razorfish Senior Content Strategist (@msbutler and @SocialDealers)
Presentation deck designed by Leon Li, Razorfish (@leonbignogin)