• Comes from the Greek word “techne” which means
craft or art.
• A planned,systematic method of working to achieve
• Refers to any valid and reliable process of procedure
that is derived from basic research using scientific
• Refers to all the way of people use their inventions and
discoveries to satisfy their needs and desires.
• Refers to how people use their inventions and
discoveries to satisfy their educational needs and
desires in learning.
• A complex, integrated process involving people,
procedures, ideas, devices, and organization for
• Consists of the designs and environment and reliable
technique or method for engaging learning.(David H.
• Is a theory about how problems in human learning are
identified and solved(David H. Jonassen, Kyle L. Peck,
Brent G. Wilson, 1999.)
• field involved in applying a complex , integrated
process to analyze and solved problems in human
• A field study which is concerned with the practice of
using educational methods and resources for the
ultimate goal of facilitating the learning process.
• A profession like teaching.
We can say that education technology is a
very board term. It is the application of scientific
findings in our method process or procedure of
working in the field of education in order to effect
learning. It embraces curriculum and
instructional design learning environment
,theories of teaching- learning .
OTHER TERMS ASSOCIATED WITH
1. Technology in Education
2. Instructional Technology
3. Technology Integration
4. Educational Media
Are they synonymous with educational
1.Technology in Education is “the application of technology to
any of these processes involved in operating the
institutions which house the educational enterprise.
2.Instructional Technology- refers to those aspects of
educational that are concerned with instruction.
3. Technology Integration -using learning technologies to
introduce , reinforce , supplement and extend skills.
4. Educational Media – channels or avenues or
instruments of communication.