Acceptable Use Policy
In my classroom, we will be using technology on a regular basis. Each student, to have access to
computers, personal devices, email, the Internet, and various other technologies, must agree to
the following terms:
1. I will follow all rules regarding technology set forth by my teacher, school, and school
2. I will follow all directions from my teacher. I will only use technology in the classroom
for educational purposes and will not let it become a distraction. I will stay on task.
3. I will not attempt to access or use social media in the classroom.
4. I am aware that my school utilizes proxies and filters to restrict certain sites. I will not
bypass these proxies or attempt to do so.
5. I will not share any personal information over the Internet that may endanger me or
anyone else. This includes full name, hometown, school attended, birth date, etc.
6. I will not use technology to bully or harass anyone else. I will not make threats or attempt
to intimidate others. I will always be respectful while online.
7. I will be careful with my devices, the school’s devices, and the devices of others. The
school and teacher are not liable for damaged or stolen devices. If I damage or steal
school property, I may be held liable.
8. I understand that my technology privileges may be revoked at any time.
9. I promise to abide by the honor code and not violate any of these rules. If I see someone
else doing so, I will report them.