1. Todays most popular search engines:Google, Yahoo, and BingFocus SEO efforts on Google:- #1 search engine- enormous number of users
2. Search Engines are like Librarians!- Find and catalog worldswebpage content- Give users the mostrelevant search results- For every search preformed on a search enginethere are thousands, if not millions, of webpageswith matching content.
3. Search engine optimization is about making small modifications to parts of your website to increasethe rank of your website in search results.
4. Position in the search results is “determined byover 200 factors, one of which is the PageRankfor a given page” ("Google basics: Learn," 2012).
5. HTML -Content - Quality, Titles Relevant matter,keywords, Engaged Description, users Headers, Images Architecture Links – – Crawl, Quality, Text, Speed, URLS, Navigation Number Trust- Domain Social – extension, Reputation, History, Shares Country Violations - Violations - Thin content, Hidden words, Keyword Cloaking, Paid stuffing, links, Link Spam
6. » Content Quality: Does your page have substantial amount of original, well-written content? Relevant keywords: Does your content include your targeted keywords? Engaged users: Do visitors stay to read your content or leave the page promptly? Newness: How often is new content added and pages updated?
7. » HTML Titles matter: Does your title tag include relevant keywords? Description Headers: Do headlines include relevant keywords? Images: Image description
8. » Architecture Crawl: Can the content be crawled by search engines? Speed: How fast does your site load? It takes from avg 4 to 8 seconds to load travel2change website, if it takes 30 or more Googlebot will not index the website. URLS: Are links short and include relevant keywords? Navigation: It is easy to navigate? Does it have a site map?
9. » Links Quality: Are links from trusted, quality and respected websites? Links would be preferably from pages with a page rank higher than that of your website. Text: Are links hyperlinked with relevant keywords? Number: How many links are pointing to your website?
10. » Social Reputation: Do respected people or organizations share your content on social networks? Shares: How many share your content?
11. » Trust Domain extension: .org, and .gov domains are trusted more than other types of domains, such as .com, .info, etc. History: How long has the domain been around? Country: Where is the domain name registered?
12. » Violations Thin content Keyword stuffing Hidden words Cloaking Paid links Link Spam» Blocking Users blocking the website from their search results.
13. 3,415 People Visited Travel2Change from Search Engines
14. Current travel2change keywords: Suggested new target keywords:
15. Search engine optimization is an excellent way of reaching prospective users and growing the travel2change community! Free SEO Travel2 Change Growing # of users
16. Works Cited:Check page rank of web site pages instantly. (n.d.). Retrieved fromhttp://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.phpGoogle basics: Learn how google discovers, crawls, and serves web pages .(2012, August 08). Retrieved fromhttp://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=70897Google analytics: Traffic sources overview. (apr 1, 2011 - oct 8, 2012).Google search engine optimization. (2012). Retrieved fromhttp://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en/us/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf