Marketing channels system
-- Pratik Negi
-- Utkarsh Mistry
-- Ronil Shah
-- pooja Tiwari
-- Piyush Nair
-- Shalini Kaushal
Overview about the Mart
Location-Iskon Mall, SG Highway, Ahmedabad
Total area-Spread across 165,000 square feet of shopping area
Total products catered - 95,000 ( proposed)
Products and services –
2.food & grocery
3.home care products
4.apparel and accessories
5.non-food FMCG products
6.consumer durables and IT
9.footwear and much more
USP’s of the MART
• Reliance Retail towards providing international shopping experience
• Unmatched affordability for distributed customer base.
• Guaranteed quality and choice of products and services
• Unique services to the shoppers like tailoring, shoe repair,
watch repair, a photo shop, gift services and laundry services
all within the store.
• Location being the asset to the Mart
• catering to all classes and customer base.
• lucid transaction & efficient of payment and goods delivery.
• loyalty and customer retention programs
What we tried to understood
The store layout.
The store margins and distribution strategy.
Channel members and inventory control by the store.
Cross docking how it was implemented.
Specialized retail space to merchandisers.
Special offers and discounts that are given.
Real time replenishment and availability of goods and services.
Strengths and weakness of the Mart.
Ambience & Decor: 3/5
Store Range: 2/5
Value for Money:3/5
-- A complete solution” to the customer – our AIM
-- 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., seven days a week
-- intensive product range and services
( catering every possible product and service requirements)
-- Exclusive distribution network
• They have cross docking concept being utilized. And real time
replenishment ( no special inventory replenishment)
•“ from farm to fork”
•Agro- Retail strategy
•Two modern India's most backward sector
•1600 procurement & distribution hubs
•Named as “ Reliance Mandis”
•Supplied by rural farming centers with fresh produce & dairy p
Order processing Customer orderOrder transmission
TransportationOrder Selection Customer delivery
• Use of POS ( point of sale inventory management system)
It’s a cross functional system.
• Real time updating and RFID being used.
• Reliance Trans connect being the supplier.
Cross docking A Concept – Utilized WHY ?
-- It caters to a varied range of goods and services
-- These goods and services need continuous inventory supply,
plus availability of the services impact the image of the Reliance
HOW it has helped
Logistics software integration between supplier(s), vendor, and shipper (
even software and real time inventory data warehousing used)
Complexity of loads and there handling
Cost of inventory in transit
RFID and POS inventory updation and order processing system in place
cross-docking is dependent on continuous communication between suppliers,
distribution centers, and all points of sale
Tracking of inventory in transit.
Strengths and Weakness of the Mart
•India largest company
•Market value US$ 35 billion
•Turn over of US$ 27 billion in 2007
•World’s Largest producer of polyester
•RIL has grown exponentially to diversify
• It has a strategy to phase out service gradually and thus
customer doesn’t have that consistent loyalty.
• No help and real time assistance in separate retail spaces by
• Wide range of products and services ( but less variety)
• Less customer centric approach and more emphasis on “private
• less brands and less products and service coverage.
Outcomes ( SWOT)
1. No inventory issue
2. Low prices ( comparative)
3. physical presence
4. wide coverage
1. No customer preference
2. Emphasis on all products and
service leading to no
3. price of products are fluctuative
4. less preference to multicultural
1. More customer centric approach
can be used
2. Separate sections can be induced
for diff customer base
3. Usage of retail space in a much
1. better low price products
2. Increased competition
3. more retail competition
4. internal competition from private players
in the mall itself.