1. Workforce Diversity
Changing the Way You Do Business
2. What is Diversity ?
3. A Management system which incorporates the
differences found in a multicultural workforce in
a manner which results in the highest level of
productivity for both the organization and the
4. Diversity as an asset
New Products and
5. Diversity =“ strength +
• Select fairly
•Provide orientation and training
•Sensitize all employees
•Strive to be flexible
•Seek to motivate individually
•Involve all when designing the program
6. Company that employs a diverse
• Better able to understand the demographics of the marketplace.
• Thus better equipped to thrive in that marketplace than a company that
has a more limited range of employee demographics.
• Improve employee satisfaction, productivity and retention.
• Employers can take the best of the advantage of the diverse workforce
and there multi talented workforce.
• More innovative ideas and better cohesion comes in the workforce.
• Better control over staff and more conducive environment to bring about
• Works wonders when many people coordinate and form a unit for a
• Its make automatic tool for organizations advertising and Employer
• Make the structure free from biases and remove errors from the
7. • No Discriminating Policy
• Open Door Policy
• Education Assistance Program
• Share in company's success
• Safe and Pleasant work environment
• Flexible work hours
The company believes that diversity bridges the
gap between the workplace and the marketplace.
IBM include International Women’s Day celebrations
Women’s Leadership Conference,
World Disability Day
Policies that support Diversity at HP and IBM
8. Indian context the diversity management
• Infosys hire from European & US universities.
• TCS and Wipro are actively recruiting foreign nationals. Indian
aviation industry has more number of foreign pilots than
• Encourage women employees in IT & Banking
• Tata motors – Non- Indians for several projects
• A recent report from the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
shows that there are about 37,000 Britishers working in India