Be the first to like this
If you work in social media or communications, every day can be exciting, challenging and somewhat scary because the landscape is evolving so quickly and what used to work really well not too long ago, doesn't seem to anymore. And with all the new platforms and apps, it's hard to keep up and know what will stick, what's the next big thing and, most importantly of all, whether it fits with our business goals.
That's the subject for my Social Media Barometer, a forecast on the social and digital pressure points and prevailing winds of change.
Here are the trends I look at:
1. Search me – semantic search…is it the end of serendipity?
2. New generation gap – 35 is the dividing line and it's time for boomers to listen to millennials.
3. Mobility means never having to say you can't reach me - our online connections are always with us.
4. Face of new media – we’re the programmers, viewers producers and critics all rolled up into one.
5. Digital first communications – media’s adapting. PR can no longer sit idly by…