84% of Migration Projects Fail – Getting it Right in SharePoint Webinar
by Concept Searching on Aug 23, 2013
- 275 views
Migration of unstructured content can be a laborious and time consuming project. Many documents can exist in multiple places at the same time, different revisions of the same document can exist, some ...
Migration of unstructured content can be a laborious and time consuming project. Many documents can exist in multiple places at the same time, different revisions of the same document can exist, some documents should be deleted and others should be archived. Documents can reside on file shares, older versions of SharePoint, or other legacy content management systems.
There may be records that were never declared, as well as confidential or private information that will not be identified when migrated. The ability to mass move content is relatively straight forward. However, simply mass moving content will result in the same problem of mismanaged and unorganized content.
Learn how to avoid the typical pitfalls and get it right the first time.
In this webinar Portal Solutions and Concept Searching will address SharePoint migration issues, information architecture and best practices to ensure your migration doesn’t result in the typical project over-runs, post-upgrade production issues and unanticipated down time.
We will explore the strategies to design a taxonomy and metadata schema that will be the basis for information architecture in SharePoint, while understanding the functional planning of how users will interact with the various information elements within the SharePoint environment.
What you will learn about during this session:
• Best practices in defining a SharePoint information architecture
• Aligning the architecture with the business goals
• What is a metadata schema and why it's so important
• How to design a schema aligned to the business and its processes
• How conceptual metadata generation builds a consistent end user experience and decreases migration effort
• Differences between a proprietary taxonomy solution and a fully integrated SharePoint term store solution
• How to plan, architect and test your migration in an iterative fashion
• Maximize the return on investment from your migration budget
• Automatic migration of content driven by classification of metadata
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views