3. Ed Heads- Website Virtual Science Cartoon Videos of the surgery
4. Avatars-Websites Voki Classroom Give students a voice on their personal website or blog WL Teachers Assessment Tool Build Your Wild Self See Marsha‟s Voki
5. Show Me-App Great way to prepare and share lessons and show assessment. On the fly demonstrations Example from my son…
6. Leaf Snap-App Leafsnap contains beautiful high-resolution images of leaves, flowers, fruit, petiole, seeds, and bark. Leafsnap currently includes the trees of the Northeast and will soon grow to include the trees of the entire continental United States.
7. Fishdom H2O-App Help a marine biologist find hidden treasures in this ocean style scavenger hunt. Build unique aquariums with tons of accessories
8. Tumble Books Online- Website TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format theyll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.
9. Motion Math-App Feed your fish and play with numbers. Practice mental addition and subtraction Several levels
10. Chicktionary-Website Description: This is a barnyard game between you and seven hens. Use the letters to spell as many words as you can before time runs out. Instructions: To spell a word, type the letters or click the hens in order, and watch the word appear.
11. Poetry Creator-App Ever wonder what it would be like to mash-up a Shakespeare poem with a Hip Hop Song? Verses is a new iPhone and iPad app that puts a fresh spin on a cherished classic: refrigerator magnet poetry. We built this app to set your creativity ablaze with Versess limitless word mixing possibilities that allow you to become a kind of dictionary DJ.
12. Futaba-App Futaba Classroom Games is the only multi-player game of its kind in the app store! Up to 4 students can cooperatively learn using just one iPad. Each child takes a seat around the iPad and taps in to start. The game begins as images and questions zoom into the playing area. The first player to match the word to the image scores a point. Win 3 rounds and youll be awarded a Futaba (a small „seedling‟).
13. Duolingo http://duolingo.com/# Duolingo is a free service that helps you learn languages with your friends while simultaneously contributing to translate real- world content from the Web. Rosetta-Stone-”ish” Social network
14. Class Dojo What is ClassDojo? ClassDojo is a classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators. Better learning behaviors, smoother lessons and hassle-free data - and its free!
15. Teacher Kit Teacher kit is a great personal organizer for the teacher. Track attendance, behavior and grades for one or many classes.
16. Haiku Deck Haiku Deck, a free iPad app, is a completely new kind of presentation software designed to make your slides stunning. Whether you are pitching an idea, teaching a lesson, delivering a keynote, or igniting a movement, Haiku Deck makes presentations simple, beautiful, and fun.
17. Infuse Learning Great quick assessments for students with devices. No need for SRS! http://student.infuselearning.com/
18. Soundcloud Search and explore original music and audio you‟ll love. Play a sound and enjoy Create favorites Follow favorite artists Embed music/sounds in an online environment Create your own recordings and save
19. Thinglink What is ThingLink? ThingLink helps you create and discover rich images. Be creative! Make your images come alive with music, video, text, images, shops and more! Every image contains a story and ThingLink helps you tell your stories. Follow image channels from your favorite bands, bloggers and friends. Your ThingLink interactive images form a channel that other users can follow.
20. Zite Personalize your own newspaper and magazine to all of the topics that you like, from the resources you trust.
21. iEAR.org A site devoted to teachers that reviews educational apps. It‟s a little “messy” to look at and difficult to navigate through…but it serves the purpose. #iear #edapp
22. Apps Gone Free Find great quality apps for free. Only available for limited days Need to check frequently
23. Aurasma See and interact with the world in a new way Thanks to Aurasma, every image, object and even place can have its own Aura. Auras can be as simple as a video and a link to a web page or as complex as a lifelike 3D animation. Use the Aurasma app to unlock Auras and share the experience with friends. Or get experimenting and use the simple tools within the app to create and share your own Auras.
24. Songify Users simply speak into the app and turn their words into auto-tuned musical bliss. Users can then share those tunes with their friends across social networks. Since its release last year, Songify for iOs has been downloaded over 9 million times and over 120 million songs have been created.
25. Action Movie FX More crowd pleasing than a Hollywood blockbuster, this easy-to-use app adds alien death rays, car crashes, missile strikes and other effects to your videos right from your phone or ipad.
26. bubbl.us Online brainstorming and mindmapping web 2.0 tool Similar to Inspiration/Kidspiration
27. Google Stuff This is now it‟s own site Provides articles and publications about the subject Search the latest index of the worlds books. Find millions of great books you can preview or read for free.
28. Mobile Deposit with your device-App Most banks are enabling mobile deposit with checks. You simply take a picture of your check and upload it to your account. Most banks have mobile apps with this feature.
29. Prezi-Website Tool Prezi is a presentation tool that students and teachers can use as an alternative to ppt. Helps you organize and share your ideas Perfect for 4-6th grades Here is a sample of a prezi that I made!
30. Todays Meet-Website TodaysMeet helps you embrace the backchannel and connect with your audience in realtime. Encourage the room to use the live stream to make comments, ask questions, and use that feedback to tailor your presentation, sharpen your points, and address audience needs. Great assessment tool as well!
31. What‟s the Word?-AppSurprisingly simple, amazinglyaddictive, everyones new favoritegame!Well show you four pictures that haveone word in common between them.Can you guess what the word is?(Hint - when you see a picture of abank card and a picture of a riverbank, the word is... bank! When yousee a four leaf clover and a happyjackpot winner, the word is... luck!).As a word game lover, youll find thisgame to be quick, easy, a lot of fun,and the best part is that you alreadyknow how to play!
32. Square 345-App Square345 is a magic square puzzle of 3 by 3, 4 by 4, and 5 by 5. Magic squares have been found in many cultures for more than 4000 years. This is a fun game if you are into math, brain teasers or just want to pass your time. Test your math skills against time and try to solve the magic squares with the best possible time.