Mastering the CUBE Functions in Excel by Peter Myers
This presentation is for those looking to drive more from Excel when reporting from the BI Semantic Model, whether it be a PowerPivot data model, a tabular database or multidimensional cube.
This is an alternative approach to reporting from Analysis Services data models that provides control and customization opportunities not (easily) supported by conventional data model reporting tools such as PivotTable, Power View, Reporting Services, etc.
• About each of the seven CUBE functions
• Practical uses and considerations for building creative reports and dashboards.
• How to create dynamic parameters to produce dynamic reporting content
• When to use, and when not to use, the CUBE functions
• How to describe common and advanced scenarios for using the CUBE functions in report designs
Peter Myers specializes in Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) and provides mentoring, technical training and course content authoring for Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Office. Specifically, he works with SQL Server BI and Office BI, including Power BI.