1. SCORE District MeetingMarketing in Today’s Economy Jennifer Schnipper @JennSchnipper Kate Volman @KateVolman MarketingDivaz.com
2. Let’s Get Social
3. “If you have more money than brains,you should focus on OutboundMarketing. If you have more Brainsthan money, you should focus onInbound Marketing.” - Guy Kawasaki
4. Outbound vs. Inbound MarketingOUTBOUND-Outbound marketing focuses on paying to broadcast your message to find consumers who will listen to you..
5. Here’s the Truth• 44% of direct mail is never opened• 86% of people skip through television• 91% of email users have opted out of company email that they had previously subscribed to.• 84% of 25-to-34 year olds have left a favorite website because of an “irrelevant or intrusive ad”.• The cost per lead in outbound marketing is 62% more than for inbound marketing.
6. Outbound vs. Inbound MarketingInbound: Inbound marketing focuses on consumers finding you
7. Outbound vs. Inbound Marketing
8. Don’t Be Scared to…
9. Fun Facts!• Marketers rate social media as the second-most important factor (64%) in search, behind only strong content (82%). (BtoB Magazine)• LinkedIn generates more leads for b2b companies than Facebook, Twitter or blogs. Yet only 47% of b2b marketers say they are actively using LinkedIn vs. 90% on Facebook. (Social Media B2B)• One-third of global b2b buyers use social media to engage with their vendors, and 75% expect to use social media in future purchases processes. (Social Media B2B)
10. Fun Facts!• 77% of buyers say they are more likely to buy from a company whose CEO uses social media. (emarketer)• B2C Facebook interaction is 30% higher than average on Sundays. (Mindjumpers)• 95% of Facebook wall posts are not answered by brands. (Mindjumpers)• Facebook is the leading source of referred social media traffic to websites, at 26%. Twitter is second at 3.6%. (Pooky Shares)• 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter, and 20% have closed deals. (Mindjumpers)• 55% of all Twitter users use the service to share links to news stories, and 53% retweet others. (Jeff Bullas)• Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn & YouTube combined