“ Never write an advertisement
which you wouldn't want your family to read.
You wouldn't tell lies to your own wife.
Don't tell them to mine.”
80% of CEO’s believe their brand provides a
Superior Customer support & service
8 % of their customers agree
(BAIN & COMPANY)
WHAT IS SERVICE?
“A service is an activity or benefit that one party can
offer to another that is essentially intangible and
does not result in the ownership of anything.”
• Real billboard wars
in Mumbai, India
battle it out on the
• Jet Airways started
lastly GoAir had
the last laugh.
at its best.
• Interesting advertisement by the agency Saatchi & Saatchi
Amsterdam for Cordaid/People in Need that shows what the
value of a handbag is in relative to the less fortunate.
STRATEGIES TO HANDLE INTERNAL
• Include them in company’s vision
• Position your company as the best employer
• Employee retention
SERVICE BLUE PRINT
Line of interaction
Line of visibility
analysis of brief
In house research
Line of internal interaction
Attire of personnel,
set up place of
• In 1965, 80% of 18-49 year-olds in the US could be reached with three 60-second
TV spots. In 2002, it required 117 prime-time commercials to do the same.” (Jim
Stengel, Global Marketing Officer, P&G)
• A US hour of prime time TV carried 21 minutes of advertising, Late Night network
shows like Leno or Letterman carry 31:27 (TNS Media Intelligence, Q1 2006)
• Big Six study (US): People with DVR’s watch 12% more TV, yet 90% of them adskip
(Germany : 88.2%)
• 78.2% of Germans are irritated by advertising, only 24% actually still watches it
• 85% of Chinese stop watching TV during commercial breaks. More than half
change the channel, while the rest do housework, eat, chat or use the bathroom.
(McKinsey & Co.)
“Today's marketing model is broken. We're applying antiquated thinking
and work systems to a new world of possibilities."
Jim Stengel, Global Marketing Officer P&G
“Online video ads are quickly
becoming the medium of choice
to drive both brand awareness
67% of marketers report they
will increase their social media
advertising budget in 2010
“With young adults now
spending on average six hours
a week gaming, advertisers
should be excited at how well
their messages were embraced
and the brands positively
0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60%
Rich media ads
Paid search ads
Email marketing-house list
Online tactics in terms of ROI (2009-2010)
2010 2009 2008
Who is Generation Y?
• 96 million people born between 1978 – 2010
• Millennial, Net Generation, Echo Boomers, Google
• Ongoing debate about where to begin and end a
Ballyhoo & Connoisseur
PRINTING ADVERTISEMENTS ERA
First named "Pemberton's French Wine Coca," the 'nerve remedy' was widely distributed at
apothecaries throughout Atlanta
TELEVISION ADVERTISEMENT ERA
First TV ad broadcast in the UK was on ITV on 21 September 1955, advertising Gibbs S.R
INTERNET ADVERTISEMENT ERA
Examples of online advertising include contextual ads on search engine results pages,
banner ads, Rich Media Ads, Social network advertising, interstitial ads, online classified
advertising, advertising networks and e-mail marketing, including e-mail spam.
RADIO ADVERTISEMENTS ERA
The first radio broadcasts aired in the early 1900’s. However, it wasn’t until 1919 that radio
stations began to broadcast continuously
some of the
like the Nike
1. Ogilvy & Mather
Advertising Pvt. Ltd.
2. J Walter Thompson India
Advertising & Marketing Ltd.
3. Mudra Communications Pvt. Ltd.
4. FCB-Ulka Advertising Ltd.
15.Triton Communication Pvt.
6. McCann-Erickson India Ltd.
Advertising Pvt. Ltd.
7. RK Swamy/BBDO Advertising Ltd.
8. Grey Worldwide (I) Pvt. Ltd.
18.Percept Advertising Ltd.
9. Leo Burnett India Pvt. Ltd
19.TBWA Anthem Pvt.
10. Contract Advertising India Ltd.
Communications Pvt. Ltd