This slides should be studied from the maslow’s relation given in the mos report.
GROUP C _3RD GROUP
Akhil Maurya Shantanu Gaur Ambika Singhal
Nitin Shankar Ankit Laddha Geet Sabarwal
India's first feature film – named "King
Harishchandra" – was released in 1913.
In 2009, India produced a
total of 2961films.
Media and entertainment
industry is valued at USD 15.8
billion and with growth of 18%.
• Digitization of movies and increase
in the number of screens has
enhanced the movie going
Expected to reach a size of over
Rs 60,000 cr. in the next five years.
Projected to grow at a CAGR of 9 per
cent and reach US$ 3 billion by 2014.
Stricter enforcement of copyright law will
help the film industry in its fight with cable
Hollywood production studios are
targeting India for their future
7 P’S OF THE
Return on Investment
Inspirational and Motivating Factor
Maslow pyramid &
Belongingness and Love needs
Biological and Physiological
Question- What is the most important attribute of
satisfaction whenever customer goes for the
Solution : Entertainment. 78% people of our
sample population feels that a movie is good if
it is entertaining.
•Large customer base
•Low cost of production and high revenues
•Growing middle class with higher
•Film production sector highly fragmented
• Lack of cohesive production
• Lack of distribution infrastructure
• Lack of efforts for media penetration in
lower socio-economic classes
•Rapid de-regulation in the Industry
•Rise in the viewership and the advertising
•Increasing interest of the global investors
•Piracy, violation of intellectual property
rights pose a major threat to the film
• Lack of quality content has emerged as a
major concern because of the 'Quick- buck'
route being followed in the industry.
s• Involvement of more specialized techniques for better satisfaction of
• More and more marketing strategies should be innovated to get the
better attention of the customer.
• Customer oriented Products.
• Proper market research.
• Concentrate on more on associations for initial crowd.
• Organized methods of management should be implemented for the cost
cutting in film making method.
• Creativity shouldn’t be compromised at any stage and at any cost.