1. The Latest Social Media Trendsfrom Cannes Lions 2013 –FridayJune 21, 2013
2. Friday: Key findingsToday saw conversations continue in a comparable volume to yesterday,generating 6,028 posts by 1pm CET Friday – only 19 less thanyesterday.Advertising maintained its lead in the buzz word stakes, generating 490mentions. These were driven by George Lois and LeeClow’s presentation on the past, present and future of ads this morning.Ogilvy continued to dominate online mentions, across both brand andhashtag categories.
3. Cannes Lions 2013 – Volume on Friday as of 1pm CETCannes Lions generated 6,028 posts by 1pm CET on Thursday.That’s an average of over 430 posts per hour.Conversation reached its peak at midday once more, when the Cannes debatekicked-off with Sir Martin Sorrell on stage alongside Coca-Cola and Tripodi.020040060080010001200140000:00 01:00 02:00 03:00 04:00 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00
4. Top Brands (by mentions) at Cannes Lions 2013: Friday as of1pm CETOgilvy continued to hold its own generating 603 posts - more than double the level of conversation of its closestcompetitor. This can be partly attributed to IBM’s Vice President presenting Ogilvy’s award winning smarter cities postertowards the beginning of its big data and analytics discussion. IBM also catapulted into view during the company’spresentation, generating 86% of its posts today during their time on stage, putting them firmly in third place.Meanwhile, Coca-cola and Tripodi firmly established themselves following their appearance on stage, securing second andfifth positions.10551324840232315342160323920 100 200 300 400 500 600 700Adobe AOL Burberry Coca-cola Facebook Google HeinekenIBM McLaren Microsoft Ogilvy Saatchi Tripodi
5. Top buzz words (by mention) at Cannes Lions 2013: Friday asof 1pm CETAdvertising maintained its lead in the buzz word stakes, generating 490 mentions during and after George Loisand Lee Clow’s presentation on the past, present and future of ads this morning.Creativity and big data also remained at the forefront of conversation, in keeping with today’s discussions. It’s agreat illustration of how the industry is swiftly establishing that data doesn’t necessarily have to stifle ourimagination, but inform it.39%15%23%5%6%1%11% AdvertisingBig dataCreativityDesignMobileSocial mediaVisualisation
6. Most Mentioned Celebrities at Cannes Lions 2013: Friday asof 1pm CETFriday saw Martin Sorrell push today’s more mainstream celebrities into the shadows, resulting infive times more mentions than the likes of Vivienne Westwood.64139233010203040506070Martin Sorrell AndersonCooperConan OBrien VivienneWestwoodLou Reed Jack BlackMartin SorrellAnderson CooperConan OBrienVivienne WestwoodLou ReedJack Black
7. Top Hashtags at Cannes Lions 2013: Friday as of 1pm CETOfficial hashtags (#canneslions, #canneslive) aside, Ogilvy continued to stormahead in the top hashtag stakes, generating 770 mentions.Meanwhile, advertising also crept onto the hashtag radar, emphasising the focusof today’s presentation from TBWA.36 2558135 118837860100200300400500600700800900#advertising #big data #canvas #ibm #newhouseidsm #ogilvycannes #walnutmedia#advertising#big data#canvas#ibm#newhouseidsm#ogilvycannes#walnutmedia