1. Cannes Lions 2013: SocialMedia Trends for the WeekJune 24, 2013
2. Key findingsCannes Lions Festival of Creativity generated over 107,000 posts from Sunday16th – Sunday 23rd June 2013.Ogilvy generated the most brand mentions and hashtags during the Festival.Conversation around the Festival peaked on Wednesday, when the likes ofLinkedIn and Twitter took to the stage, in addition to celebrity appearancesfrom Conan O’Brien and Sean Combs.Vivienne Westwood secured the gong for most mentioned celebrity.
3. Cannes Lions 2013 – Volume from the weekCannes Lions generated 107,058 posts from Sunday 16th – Sunday 23rd June 2013.That’s an average of over 15,294 posts per day.Conversation reached its peak on Wednesday, when a total of 40,337 posts appeared. This was led by seminars andappearances from the likes of Time Warner and Conan O’Brien, Translation and Sean Combs, LinkedIn, Microsoft,Unilever and Twitter.
4. Top Brands at Cannes Lions 2013Ogilvy is crowned the overall conversation leader at Cannes, generating over 15,000 posts during theweek.However, YouTube drove the most substantial peak in chatter when it took to the stage on Thursday,generating 1,965 mentions during the company’s presentation alone.
5. Top buzz words (by mention) at Cannes Lions 2013Advertising established itself as this year’s top buzz word, generating over 6,000 mentionsthroughout the week.The Festival’s focus on cutting-edge creativity shone through, with mobile and big data followingclosely behind in volume of mentions, highlighting how new technologies are becomingincreasingly relevant to the creative community.32%22%14%10%8%7%6%1%AdvertisingCreativityMobileBig dataDesignVisualisationSocial mediaCollaboration
6. Most Mentioned Celebrities at Cannes Lions 2013Vivienne Westwood achieved the most social media mentions throughout the week, with her appearance resultingin over 876 posts.Meanwhile, Jack Black and Lou Reed pushed Martin Sorrell’s overall position in celebrity mentions back to fourthplace.
7. Top Hashtags at Cannes Lions 2013Official hashtags (#canneslions, #canneslive) aside, Ogilvy remained leaguesahead in the hashtag stakes, producing 11,532 more mentions than its nearestcompetitor, Clear Channel Outdoor’s ‘#Canvas for Creativity’ mural.