B.D. (Before Dell)
• I had a cert. in applied physics & electronics, with very little experience &
A.D. (After Dell)
• Left Dell with a BEng in Computer Engineering and a lot of experience &
• I have now completed MBA, run my own consultancy and have gained
even more experience & knowledge.
Redundancy : 7:stages of grief grief
Redundancy 7 stages of
Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs
Job Vs Own business
Job Own Business
• Stable • Turbulent
• Safe • Risky
• Predictable • Unpredictable
• Visibility on cash • Little visibility on cash
• Fun • More Fun
What to do?
Create a Space to work in
Create a routine & Get Stuck in
What to do?
• Do a cash flow projection –
– This will tell you how much time you can buy.
1. Calculate all your monthly outgoings.
2. Add 5% to for the unexpected.
3. Pay yourself this amount once a month.
• Read blogs
– Find blogs/bloggers that are
• Like minded
• Are knowledgeable about a field you want to get into.
• Create your own blog
• Write about what you know best.
• Encourage feedback
• Listen and act on this feedback.
– HBR Review
– Business week – Behind the cover
– RTE – the Business
– TodayFM -Sunday business show
– Knowlege @ Wharton
– FT Digital Business