Social Media Strategies For Membership Recruitment & Retention
- 5,819 views
Recruiting and retaining members takes a lot of hard work, creativity, and communication to cut through today's intensifying competition. Everyone gets a little stale, and often associations find ...
Recruiting and retaining members takes a lot of hard work, creativity, and communication to cut through today's intensifying competition. Everyone gets a little stale, and often associations find themselves in the same old trap of "this is how we've always done it." Associations are different than corporate entities who need to sell a product. They need to keep multiple stakeholders engaged, have limited resources, and in many cases, a (partly) volunteer workforce.
Social Media seems like a great solution, so you are likely already using it: your organization has a web site, may have a blog, and maybe even a Twitter account. But is all of this giving you exposure? Has it resulted in an influx of new members... or a more engaged membership? To put it bluntly, the reason existing members are dropping out and “many” new members are not coming into associations is because they do not find the existing benefits of membership attractive in relation to the fee they pay. For associations to reach out to its membership - and to prospective members, communities of interest around your organization's purpose are needed.
Social media can breach the gap. In this presentation given to the Canadian Society of Association Executives, the following are addressed:
• Develop personal profile throughout the Association and Not-for-Profit world by ensuring your voice is heard beyond your organization.
• Discover new marketing trends and ideas from presenter Mark Buzan, APR, co-author of "Online PR and Social Media for Associations and Not-for-Profits" with expertise on membership recruitment and retention.
• Current trends in membership development
• Social media tactics
• Membership recruitment and retention initiatives
• Marketing ideas for your success
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views