1. • A form of protection given to authors of original works grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law.
2. • This property right can be sold or transferred to others.
3. – Title 17 of the U.S. Code– The Copyright Act of 1976
4. Copyright law assures ownership, which comes with exclusive rights.
5. Make copies of the work
6. Distribute copies of the work
7. Perform the work publicly
8. Display the work publicly
9. Make derivative works
10. • Automatic protection• Available for: – Published works – Unpublished works
11. • Literary works• Dramatic works• Musical works• Artistic works
12. – Facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation.– U.S. Government materials
13. • Copyright• Patent• Trademark
14. Their top secret formula.
15. • The law provides certain ways in which copyright works may be used. – Fair use – Public domain – Library privilege – Alternative Licenses (e.g. CC)
16. • The works are publicly accessible.• Not everything posted on the internet is public domain.
17. • “Universal Access” to research, education and culture.• Provides a free, public, and standardized infrastructure
18. • Under the TEACH Act, the Copyright law provides educators with a separate set of rights in addition to fair use, to display and perform others´ works in the classroom. – Section 110 of the Copyright Act
19. “Face to face” teaching.
20. Online Courses Hybrid Courses
21. Resources List• Source 1: (n.d.). Retrieved from http://creativecommons.org/about• Source 2: Copyright crash course. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/index.html• Source 3 : Copyright crash course. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/teachact.html• Source 4: What is copyright?. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.staffs.ac.uk/legal/copyright/what_is_copyright/• Source 5: Copyright in general. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq- general.html• Source 6: (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/stopping-internet- plagiarism/your-copyrights-online/1-what-is-a-copyright/• Source 7: (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.copyrightkids.org/whatcopyframes.htm