2. What is a pet?• A domestic or tamedanimal.• Kept as a companion.• Treated with love and care.• For example: dog, cat,budgie…..• Have you got any pets?
3. What is a wild animal?• A non- domesticated anduntamed animal.• They don’t live with humans.• Can be very dangerous.• For example: LionsMonkeysCrocodiles
4. What is an endangered animal?• Animals at risk of becomingextinct.• Few numbers of the speciesleft in the wild.• Some are kept in Zoos.• For example: Giant PandaSiberian TigerAfrican Elephant
5. Zoos• Parks or gardens.• A place where wildanimals live in captivity.• Animals are put on displayfor people to view.• What is your opinion ofzoos?
6. What is animal cruelty?• Also called animal abuse orneglect.• Inflicting suffering or harm onanimals.• For example: - Beating-Starving- Abandoning- Dog fighting- Cock fighting
7. What can we do to stop animalcruelty?• Don’t get pet unless you wantone and physically able to carefor it.• There are many organisationsthat help.• For example: ISPCA (Ireland)Animal shelters• What organisations have yougot in Spain?
8. The Reptile Village - Gowran• The zoo has 120 animals.• It has 50 different species.• For example:-Alligators ( Cc and Battle)- Pythons ( Sunny)- Tortoises (Michael and
9. Visiting the Reptile Zoo• You can see all thedifferent reptiles.• You have a chance tohold the different animalsthat they have.• When I visited I got tohold a Burmese Pythoncalled Stevie.
10. Questions• Are animals important to you?• Do you think life would be different without animals?• Have you ever been on safari?• Should we keep wild animals as pets?• Do you think circuses are a form of animal cruelty?• Is it fair that people abandon animals?