WHY LEARN FRENCH?Looking for an international language?Try the French connection!!! It will open doors to a world of opportunities
1. A World Language 115 million native Over 200 million French speakers secondary French in more than 50 speakers countries around the world French is ranked as the second most influential language in the world and is one of the most widely spokenFrench and English are French is the most the only languages widely-taught languagespoken on all continents in the world after English
French in the USMore than 1 million Americanslearn French in elementary andsecondary schools.In the US, French is the mostwidely-taught language afterSpanish
2. A language for the Job MarketA knowledge of French opens the doors of French companies inFrance and other French-speaking parts of the worldOIF (OrganisationInternationale de laFrancophonie)OIF is an internationalorganization of politicsand governments withFrench as the mother orcustomarylanguage, wherein asignificant proportion ofpeople are Frenchspeakers.56 états membres et 14états observateurs Canada Switzerland Belgium Monaco Africa French is the official language for commerce and trade in 25 African countries and is the key to communicating with over a quarter of a billion of Africans
As the world’s 5th biggest economyand #3 destination for foreign investment, France is a key economic partner. • Highest labour productivity • Luxury goods • Gastronomy • Transportation • Modern telecommunications
3. The Language of CultureFrench is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre,the visual arts, dance and architecture.It offers access to great works of literature, as well as films andsongs, in the original French. French is the language of VictorHugo, Molière, Edith Piaf, Jean-Paul Sartre, and Zinedine Zidane.
4. A Language of TravelFrance is the world’s #1 tourist destination (<70 million visitors yearly)Knowing a little bit of French makes it so much more enjoyable to visitParis and all the regions of France and offers insights into French cultureand way of life.
5. A Language of Higher Education Speaking French opens up study opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
6. The Other Language of International RelationsJobs opportunities in: the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross Amnesty International Interpol …also in : Diplomacy Education Translation and Interpretation Travel hospitality English-speaking jobs in the French- speaking world
7. A Language that Opens up the WorldAfter English and German, French is the 3rd most used languageon the Internet, ahead of Spanish.An ability to understand French offers an alternate view of theworld through communication with French speakers from all thecontinents and news from the leading French-languageinternational media (TV5, France 24 and Radio FranceInternationale).
8. French is Fun to Learn• 50% of English vocabulary is derived from French• You probably already know 15,000 French words• But attention aux faux-amis !
9. A language for Learning other Languages…French is a good base for learningother languages, especiallyRomance languages(Spanish, Italian, Portuguese andRomanian).Studying French helps critical andcreative thinking as well as problem-solving skills. The French languagehas proved a strong medium formathematical and philosophicaltheory.
10. A language of Love and ReasonFrench is abeautiful, rich, melodiouslanguage, often called thelanguage of love.The French Language has beenthe negociation and diplomaticlanguage for centuries.
ConclusionCommunicate in 55 countries on all continents with over220 million peopleSucceed in a worldwide communityImprove you academic performanceIncrease your career opportunities in today’s fast-growingglobal economyDevelop a better understanding, appreciation and respectof other people and their cultures
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.