Lab 3 Overview
Class discussion Task Analysis
Cools Tools for
My Planner 3
• My Planners guide you to engage in the SRL cycle by
– Thinking ahead (Plan/Set goals)
– Thinking back (Monitor how things went)
• Make ‘My Planner’ work for you
– Thoughtful and reflective answers!
– Should take you 10-15 minutes
– Make sure your goal is a TASC goal
My Planner 3
• What did you find out about the task you
analyzed in Lab 2?
• Report back about your interview with the course TA or
• What did you learn about task understanding?
Task Analysis Discussions
TASC Goals are a Skill!
• Learn how to set them by getting some practice with the help of
• In this activity, apply TASC goal principles to critically evaluate
and improve goals written by previous ED-D 101 students
• See “Help for TASC Goals”
• Do a search of the internet and/or ipad or iphone
apps. Find one tool for goal setting and post a review
• Make sure to include
– a link to the tool or page
– a brief description or image of the tool
– One strength &one weakness of this tool in terms of goal
setting for self-regulated learning (SRL)
Cool Tools for Goal Setting
• Quiz 1 is happening this week in lab
– Any attempts to complete the quiz outside of lab results in automatic
– All attempts are time stamped and logged
• Your instructor will provide you with instructions about how
to access the quiz in lab
Be sure to read about how labs are graded!
See “Assignment Information & Submission” for help!
Be sure to submit your lab work on time!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.