The spider strategy involves building an online hub on a specific platform. Social Butterflies follow the conversations; they listen and hop from conversation to conversation. To have an effective strategy you need to use both a spider and butterfly strategy to be effective and grow your business online.
This presentation covers:
* Why Twitter, why Facebook? And what goals can we achieve with these social media?
* Know your audience and how they use social media (how to listen)
* How is social media used differently in the United States compared to Europe? (selection of social media)
* Be positive, be personal, it's all about your personality
* Don't be dependent on just one way of marketing (butterfly strategy)
* Opening a social media account is not the same as building a community (spider strategy)
* Practical tips on increasing your number of fans on your Facebook Page