8 Steps Guide to Goal Setting theinspired-life.com
1) Create S.M.A.R.T. goals?S pecific M easurable A chievable R ealistic T ime-BasedExample“My Goal is to run my business earning a minimum US$100,000 monthlyby 1 January 2012, 0000hrs (GMT +08:00).” theinspired-life.com
2) Determine (a) why you must achieve your goal -(b) the pain associated with not achieving the goal –and (c) the pleasure of achieving the goal.Going back to the example given above…(a) Achieving this goal will make me financially secure(b) Not achieving this goal will mean working for other people andcreating money for them(c) Achieving this income would give me the time and freedom to do thethings I love- theinspired-life.com
3) Ask yourself this question: What do you consider isthe most important thing in your life?Is it family, relationships, personal growth, health &well being, career & financial development…whatever it is, identifying the most important thing inyour life right now helps you to focus and set cleargoals based on your priorities. theinspired-life.com
4) Is your goal a NEED or a WANT?There is a thin line between a NEED and a WANT however there’s a bigdifference between the two.We all want to achieve a lot of things – that dream house and/or car, towrite a book, to have that million $$$ earning business, the ability tosupport a charity etc, etc... But why can’t most people achieve thosedreams?Simply because the desire is not strong enough, it is not something thatneeds to get done! Unless you make your goal a must, it is very likely youwould never achieve it. theinspired-life.com
5) Find out obstacles and ways to overcome them tostart achieving your goals.Knowing what you must achieve is not enough. You have to anticipate thechallenges you are likely to face. Think about what you can do to deal withthose challenges and perhaps turn them into opportunities.Going back to the “millionaire goal”, some obstacles could be the lack ofknow-how and suitable, qualified mentors. One way to overcome thisobstacle is to attend seminars, read books, listen to mentors and attendevents that will broaden your knowledge and adopt a similar mindset asthat of successful people. theinspired-life.com
6) Make a plan to achieve your goal.Know your emotional ‘Why’. The stronger your ‘Why’ is will make youreveal the ‘How’. List down the skills you have that will contribute towards reaching your goal Who are the people you know or should know to achieve your goal List down concrete steps you must do that will move you closer to your goal Be consistent and commit to these stepsYour “How” prepares you to execute on your goal. Rack your brains, forma mastermind group. Think about HOW you are going to achieve your goal. theinspired-life.com
7) What must you do every day to reach your goal?To get where you want to go, you have to change whatdoesn’t work. Installing new empowering habits is crucial.Now that you know your target and you know how you aregoing to achieve it, delve into the details of what needs to bedone every single day to move you forward, gradually butsurely, towards it. theinspired-life.com
8) Use the power of your sub-conscious mind?Learn to harness the power of your sub-consciousmind. There are 3 ways you can do that: theinspired-life.com
8.a) Train Your BrainThe sub-conscious mind cannot differentiate between truthand lies. If you repeat something over and over again, yoursub-conscious mind will believe it to be true.One way to capitalize on this fact is to make an audiorecording of your desires and dreams. Listen to this everynight just before you sleep and every morning just after youwake up. These are the times your sub-conscious mind is mostreceptive. theinspired-life.com
8.b) Write down your goalsIt is very important to have your goals written down and pasted on placesyou frequent such as your desk and the bathroom mirror. This will fill yoursub-conscious mind with constant thoughts about those goals. Let thepower of your sub-conscious mind work in your favor.8.c) Vision BoardA vision board is basically a pictorial representation of your goals/dreams.You can create a vision board by using magazine clippings. An even morepowerful way is to create a Mind Movie. A mind movie uses the sameprinciple as that of a vision board but it uses both visual and audio senses.Watch this in the morning once you wake-up and just before sleeping formaximum effect. theinspired-life.com
Now live an inspired life… Share to inspire others too theinspired-life.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.