2. - GREECETHE ISSUE: Horse DNA found in IKEA meatballsHow did they respond ?• Announcement on official facebook IKEA Greece page: Checks and preventivewithdrawal of meatballs after the events of the Czech Republic.• Announcement and preventivewithdrawal of sausages, poultryand whatever they got deliveredfrom this supplier• Replacement of previous sausages withnew certified Greek productshttp://www.econews.gr/2013/02/27/ikea-keftedakia-kreas-alogou-96566/
3. “TRADITIONAL MEAT ANANIADIS” -THE ISSUE: The product “Kavourmas” found positive inhorse DNA tests.How did they respond ?• Public Comment - Answer to webpages that mentionedthis, expressing disappointment, deception from supplierand declaring immediate withdrawal.http://www.tanea.gr/news/greece/article/5004192/kreas-alogoy-entopisthke-ksana-se-ellhnika-trofima/http://www.skai.gr/news/health/article/225021/vrethike-kavourmas-me-kreas-alogou/#disqus_threadhttp://www.faros24.gr/health/se-kabourma-ananiadi-entopisthike-kreas-alogou.html
4. “BROS. MPATANINATHE ISSUE: The product “Soutzouki and armenianKebap” found positive for horse meat.How did they respond ?• Press Release : Expression ofdisappointment, immediate withdrawal of theseproducts and commitment to carry out inspections.http://www.fimes.gr/2013/03/arkas-afoi-mpatanian-dna-alogou/
5. THE ISSUE : Horse meat found in 2 products – “canellonibolognese” and “lasagna bolognese” Those products were created for Carrefour by group ComigelHow did they respond ?• CARREFOUR  recall of those 2 products• The products hadn’t reached Greek markethttp://www.matrix24.gr/
6. STAMPOLIDISTHE ISSUE : Horse meat found in village sausage withthe label “nostima”How did they respond ?• Production Date - 23/2/2013 , Consumption by Date - 25/03/13• EFET asked immediate withdrawal of the product from the greek marketand the corresponding checks have already taken place.http://www.pameevro.gr/enhmerwsh-evros/topika-nea/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6056/--Nostima-----.aspx
7. THE ISSUE : Horse DNA found in Armenian Kebap, inSoutzoukaki and in burgerHow did they respond ?• Downplayed the fact by making a statement about the fact• Transfer of responsibility to the T & T Foods AEΗ• Τ&Τ Fοοds AE silencedwww.eksegersi.gr
8. Two more companies are involvedin horse meat import in Greece•Horse DNA was found in sautéed veal tin which hasdistributed by greek company in a letonian name“ГОВЯДИНа”.• An other greek catering company named FROZEN BEEFMEAT NECK and FROZEN BEEF MEAT TOPSIDE“ZIKOYDI VASILIKI“,was distributing horse meat to her clients.76 of them have been DNA tested and 26 were foundpositive to horse DNA.
9. RensponsibilitiesEven the fact that the meat weretested and found positive in horse DNAno-one from that two companies tookresponsibilities or talk to the Press forwhat they were feeding the greekpeople.
10. THANK YOU FOR YOURTIME !!PARASKEVI GEORGIOUATHINA KARAKOSTAMARIA LOUFARDAKILINDA MATAEIRINI MARTAKI