How to create a Wordle
Wordle is a fun way to create word clouds from text.
You can type in text or paste text in. The more you
repeat a word the bigger it becomes in the completed
Wordle. You can tweak your clouds with different
fonts, layouts and colour schemes.
You are able to print, publish to the public gallery,save
or embed your wordle in your blog.
Your blog may also be embedded into a wordle.
• It is free
• No sign up accounts or logins.
• You need an updated Java.
• Go to Create in Wordle.
• Type in text. Remember the more times you
type the same word the larger it will appear.
• If you wish to join two words together place
the tilde symbol ~ between the two words.
Tweak your Wordle
• After typing your text, click on Go.
• Click on Layout and experiment.
• Click on Font and try the different styles.
• Click on Colour and have a play. At the
bottom of the colour palettes you can also
choose different variations.
• Or you can keep clicking Randomise until you
are happy with the outcome of your Wordle.
Happy with your Wordle?
• Save to Public Gallery.
• Optional to fill out title,username etc. OK
• Go to Snipping Tool – New, Rectangle snip
and hold down left click whilst placing cursor
around the perimeter of your Wordle to snip.
Save in Pictures.
• Or Print it.
• Or copy the embed code and upload it to our
Pasting text into your Wordle – Guess the fable
Things to remember.....
• Online etiquette.
• Wordle cannot be altered or deleted once it is
saved to Public Gallery.
• There is no search facility for published
• Any problems, check version of Java or use
Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
• Have fun with this Web 2 tool.