THE EARTH AND THE UNIVERSE
- Axis : An imaginary line around which the earth spins.
- Rotation : The spinning of earth on its axis. Earth rotates every 24 hours = 1 day it causes night and day.
- Revolution : The movements of earth around the sun. It takes earth a year 365 1/4 days to revolve around the sun. It causes changes in seasons.
EARTH AND THE SOLAR SYSTEM
- Solar system: consists of the sun and all the objects that travel around it.
- Sun: the center of our solar system.
- Satellite: anything that orbits another object.
- Moon: the body that has a primary orbit around a planet
INNER PLANETS Relatively small, made of rock and iron
- Mercury : closet planet to the sun.
- Look Red because it contains iron oxide.
- Venus : Second inner planet. The hottest planet.
- Earth : Third inner planet. The only planet that has living things.
- Mars : Fourth inner planet. It is desert with rusty, sand.
OUTER PLANETS Giant planets made of liquid & gas except
- Jupiter : Fifth planet from the sun. The largest planet.
- Saturn : Sixth planet from the sun. The second largest planet surround by beautiful rings.
- Uranus : Seventh planet from the sun.
- Neptune : Eighth planet from the sun.
- Pluto : The smallest and the coldest
THE PHASES OF THE MOON The moon is earth’s closest neighbor in space.