Transcript of "Power Point Oral Approach Of Method Of Teaching Engglish"
Harold Palmer A.S Hornby
EFL (English as Foreign Language)
ESL (English as Second Language)
• Knowing students’ knowledge
• Introducing target language
• Improving pronunciation, speaking and
• Spoken language
• Target language
• New language point
• Vocabulary selection procedures
• Closely grade grammar
• Writing and reading introduced
Theory of Learning
Theory of Language
Theory of Language
Basis of Language
Sentence pattern Vocabulary
1 st lesson this is …. Book, pencil, pen
that is …. Desk
2 nd lesson these are…. Chair, door, bag
those are…. Window, picture
3 rd lesson is this…? Yes it is. Watch, box, ruler
is that…? Yes it is. Blackboard
Setting up Situations
(speech, reading and
• Oral practice
• Reading of material
Main Body of The Lesson
• Suitable for introduction to the language
• Oral production without risk
• Values practical grammar and vocabulary
• An accessible method for teachers
• Inexpensive to use
Syllabus of SLT
What is your name ?
Look up your dictionary!
have you had breakfast?
Introduction Greeting Meeting
Present tenseName your is what?
Infinitive Order Class
Your dictionary look up! Imperative
To beVerb 3Question
Had you have breakfast? Present Perfect
1. The approach that use spoken language(oral
2. One of focus of oral approach (vocabulary)
3. Country uses EFL (Indonesia)
4. Country uses ESL (malaysia or india)
5. One of oral approache leaders movement (hornby)
6. In class English as... Language (target)
7. The appllying of oral approach usually.... New
8. Oral approach is used in ... Of SLT (syllabus)
A long time ago, there was a young unlucky
duckling which name is Ducky. He lived in a small farm
near an old jungle. He has neither friend nor parent.
Because Ducky is the only species of duck in the farm,
he felt lonely and sad as well.
Parent duckling name small farm
Neither young ducky species sad
The Unlucky Duckling
2 3 4
7 8 9
Duckling Name SmallFarm
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.