Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals

448

Published on

Presented at Direct Marketing Association meeting, November 2010

Presented at Direct Marketing Association meeting, November 2010

Published in: Business, News & Politics
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
448
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
33
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. ON TARGET How to Build Your Business Through Client and Professional Referrals Presentation by Marc Stein
  • 2. ONTARGET Lower your business development costs Take Away Ensure that prospects, clients and peers think of you Instantly communicate your value in compelling terms Keep referrals rolling in Be a rainmaker without overt selling or marketing From This Presentation
  • 3. ONTARGET People Could Not Care Less About You and Your Service People think of themselves…  63% of the time  73% of the time  83% of the time  93% of the time Source: Gateways Institute
  • 4. ONTARGET IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU! Reality Check Number One
  • 5. ONTARGET Ensure that Prospects, Clients and Peers Think of You… First! How to instantly communicate your value in compelling terms?
  • 6. ONTARGET IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU!! Reality Check Number Two
  • 7. ONTARGET Why Referrals Should Get Most of Your Attention? Referred prospects are…  3 times more likely  5 times more likely  7 times more likely  10 times more likely …to engage you than cold contacts. Source: American Marketing Association
  • 8. ONTARGET Why Referrals Should Get Most of Your Attention? Prospects referred by a Trusted Advisor are…  25 times more likely  50 times more likely  75 times more likely  100 times more likely …to engage you than cold contacts. Source: American Marketing Association
  • 9. ONTARGET How to Get Your Clients to Give You Referrals? Client referrals flow freely when you “earn the right.”
  • 10. ONTARGET How to Get Trusted Advisors to Give You Referrals? Professions spell referrals t-r-u-s-t. The client comes first. Always attempt to make the referrer look like a hero.
  • 11. ONTARGET IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU!!! Reality Check Number Three
  • 12. ONTARGET How Much Should You Spend on Referral Marketing? Successful referral marketing can save…  25% of direct marketing expense  50% of direct marketing expense  75% of direct marketing expense  100% of direct marketing expense
  • 13. ONTARGET Be the Best Commit to and provide exceptional service. Be Unreasonably Generous Look for opportunities to give referrals, share resources and help others achieve their goals. Get more by giving more away. Create a Buzz Word of mouth is the most credible of business development communications. On average, we take action 20-50% of the time. 90% of the world is influenced by the other 10% How to be a Rainmaker without Selling of Marketing?
  • 14. ON TARGET Questions and Answers Marc Stein | www.linkedin.com/in/marcstein

×