2. ADJECTIVES• What are adjectives?Adjectives are words that describe or modify a person/thing/place/concept in a sentence.example: happy----happier----happiest
3. COMPARATIVES AND SUPERLATIVES ADJECTIVESopinion color Body part size shapeBeautiful Blue Eyes Big StraightElegant Gray Hair Fat WideHandsome Red Ears Slim SkinnyLong White Head Small SquareClean Green Nose Tall Flatquaint black Lips. etc. short round
4. Comparatives adjectives• We use comparative adjective when we are comparing two things.• We use comparative adjectives to compare people. We might talk about how a friend has changed.Example: martha is much friendlier than she was when we were at school.• We often use than with comparative adjectives.example: carlos is taller that jaime
5. Comparative adjective rule• For short adjectives (one syllable) ,add -erExample: small ----- smaller• If the adjectives ends in -e, add -rExample: nice------nicer• For short adjectives, ending in one vowel and one consonant, we double the consonant before adding -erExample: hot----- hotter
6. • For most long adjectives (two syllables or more), we put more firstExample: important ------ more importante• For long adjectives ending in y, we use –ierExample: early------ earlier
7. Superlative adjective We use superlatives when we are comparing more than two things.
8. Superlative adjective rule• For short adjectives and long adjectives ending in -y take away the final r of the comarative form, and add –stExample: small-----smaller------smallest• For long adjective, change more to mostExample: important--more important—most important• Before superlative adjectives, we usually use theExample: carla is the most famous english teacher