1. What Can Cause HairLoss In WomenFrom Healthy Hair Plus
2. Its Not Just A Male CurseFor many woman• Their identity is tied to appearance• Loss of hair is extremely traumatizing• Hair loss is unexpected and upsettingRest assured though that there is something you can do to preventfurther hair loss and even get those lovely tresses growing long andstrong once again.
3. Understanding Hair Growth CyclesHealthy hair grows in three different cycles• Anagen phase - in which growth occurs• Catagen phase - a transitory state that denotes the end of growth• Telogen phase - a resting state for your hair in which no growth occursMost of the hair on your head is in the growing cycle, which can lastup to 8 years for a single strand.
4. Normal Hair Loss• The average person loses 50 to 100 strands of hair each day• If you wash regularly youll lose 250 strands because of the stress put on follicles• It is normal to find a few strands on your pillow in the morning or on your brush
5. What Causes Hair Loss In Women• Hereditary Conditions• Medical Conditions• Psoriasis and Dermatitis• Telogen Effluvium• Autoimmune Disorders• Age• Overall Health• Diet• Exercise• Hair Habits and Styling
6. Hereditary Conditions• Androgenic Alopecia affects about 30 million American women• It is the most common genetic condition causing women to lose hair• Its a fancy way of saying - Female Pattern Baldness - just like in men• Starts to really kick in over the age of 60 but can be noticeable before• It affects about 50% of women at some point in their life, but men are still worse afflicted.
7. Medical ConditionsSome medical conditions and disorders can leadto hair loss, and they’re not all things that youwould expect.Many women experience only minor symptoms ofthese conditions and disorders – other than hairloss – which can make them hard to diagnose.Also, some medical conditions indirectly affect thebody. Something like chemotherapy for examplecan cause someone to lose their hair as a sideeffect.
8. Psoriasis and DermatitisPsoriasis and dermatitis are skinconditions that can cause severely dryskin and flaking. Typically, psoriasis anddermatitis occur on the body, but they canaffect the scalp, which can cause hairloss.Psoriasis and dermatitis are easilycontrolled via medication and properwashing techniques. If you think psoriasisor dermatitis is causing your hair loss,consulting your doctor is your best bet.
9. Telogen Effluvium Telogen effluvium is a condition that commonly affects women after giving birth, major surgery or dramatic weight loss. This condition can also affect women that take steroids or beta-blockers, which can alter the way hair grows naturally. Telogen effluvium causes the hair follicles to go into their resting phase faster than normal, which means that they hair won’t continue growing, and more hair will be shed.
10. Autoimmune DisordersAutoimmune disorders like thyroid disordersand anemia can also cause hair loss.Typically, hair loss will correct itself and beginnormal growth once the problem is beingtreated or has been fixed.In the case of autoimmune disorders likethyroid disorder, medical intervention willlikely be necessary to get the disorder undercontrol so hair can begin to regrow at ahealthy rate.
11. AgeHereditary conditions like androgenic alopecia generally affectwomen in their late 50s and 60s, though it can happen to youngerwomen – even women in their late teens and early 20s.Age is a factor among women that are losing their hair however,many women have healthy hair after their 60th birthday, so age is notalways a factor.Typically, thinning hair is common as women age however, partial ortotal hair loss that isn’t related to female pattern baldness or othermedical conditions isn’t as likely.
12. Overall HealthHow women take care ofthemselves can greatlyaffect the overall healthof their hair.Diet and exercise levelare two key factors thatcan play a part in hairloss, or help keep thehair healthy.
13. DietA well-balanced diet rich in whole grains, lean protein, low-fat dairy products and small amounts ofrefined sugar and carbohydrates is important for maintain optimal hair and overall body health.Along with a well-balanced diet, there are some foods women can add to keep their hair looking ashealthy as possible.• Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, biotin and vitamin E, all of which are essential for healthy hair growth. A small serving of walnuts – about two ounces – is all you really need to add to your diet each day.• Eggs are packed with minerals like zinc, selenium and iron. Iron is especially important since it helps carry oxygen to hair follicles. Spinach, lean beef and lean chicken are also good sources of iron.• Yogurt Full-fat yogurt might scare some women off because of its caloric content, but even a small amount can help support optimal hair growth because of the vitamin B5, protein and vitamin D content. Add blueberries for a vitamin C boost that’s also good for your hair.• Vitamins It’s also a good idea to incorporate supplements especially if you know you haven’t been or won’t be able to get all your necessary nutrients in your food. There are specifically vitamins for hair loss in women that can help slow down and even halt the progression of hair loss.
14. Exercise• Aim for 60 – 90 minutes of moderate intensity exercise weekly• Exercising too much can be detrimental to your health if you aren’t replenishing with the necessary nutrients• Even the conditions of your workout can damage your health – spending too much time in the sun for example• Many people that exercise excessively don’t consume enough calories and protein to fuel their body are much more likely to develop anemia, which is a leading cause of thinning hair and hair loss among women.
15. Hair Habits and Styling• Styling your hair with products that generate heat like curling irons, blow dryers and straightening irons can damage your hair.• Try to avoid using styling tools every day.• Chemical treatments like dyes and permanents can also seriously damage your hair avoid doing this to your hair if you can, or just make sure you aren’t going in for treatments until you really need them.• Vigorous brushing with a comb or brush that pulls at your hair can cause you to lose twice as much hair as you normally would so find one that goes easily through your hair, and don’t brush your hair when it’s wet or out of habit.
16. Can Hair Loss Be Fixed?Many women who experiencehair loss begin to wonder whatthey can do to reverse theprocess.While not all cases are curable,there are some treatments thathave proven beneficial for manywomen, and they may be ableto help you as well.
17. Vitamins for Hair Loss in WomenTaking vitamins designed specifically for hair loss inwomen can be very helpful, but you need to choosethe right type of vitamin. A regular multivitamin ishealthy, but it may not help to regrow hair.When looking for vitamins for hair loss in women,you need to look for vitamins that contain biotin,vitamins A, B, D and E, lysine and omega-3 fattyacids.You can get omega-3 fatty acids from foods likewalnuts and salmon, but many women find thatthey help with hair loss when taken as asupplement.
18. Hair Loss ShampooHair loss shampoo is one of the easiest ways to correct hair loss forcertain women. After all, hair loss shampoo works exactly like anormal shampoo, so you don’t have to change your daily routine ortake supplements.Finding a good hair loss shampoo can be a little difficult for somewomen. While formulas vary, you generally want to look for hair lossshampoo that contains zinc, B vitamins, magnesium, copperpeptides, vitamin A and saw palmetto extract.To find the right hair loss shampoo for you, you may have toexperiment with different formulas. In some cases, a combination ofhair loss shampoo and supplements is beneficial.
19. SurgerySome women are so distraught by their hair loss that they begin toconsider surgery to get their full head of hair back.Typically, surgical treatments for hair loss are very expensive, andyou’ll likely end up spending thousands of dollars.With all the hair recovery products available to you however it’sunnecessary to opt for surgery.Also getting surgery doesn’t ensure that you are correcting the causeof the hair loss
20. Hair Recovery for MenHair loss is a problem for many men,and while it’s generally moreacceptable for a man to lose his hairthan a woman, it can be troubling forsome men.The best options for most men to startwith are hair recovery shampoos andsupplements that may be able toregrow hair.Men should pay special attention tosaw palmetto, a natural ingredient thatmay block DHT that causes hair loss insome men.
21. You Deserve Healthy Hair No matter who you are, no matter your age, no matter your hereditary background - you deserve beautiful hair. If you’re losing your hair, you owe it to yourself to try to do whatever you can to get it back. Doing some research on your personal situation and applying some of the steps outlined here is really going to help you regain control of your beauty and give you head of beautiful healthy hair.
22. Thank You for VisitingWe greatly appreciate you taking the time tocheck out this slide show.Please remember to be social and share with allyour friends!As a special thank you please take advantageof our 15% off lifetime discount.