6. “ It might be worth while to look at interfaces from two perspectives. A Micro-architectural view is from the perspective of the knowledge inherent in that interface. A mental model view is the way different humans interpret that interface, their view of the interface semantics, colored heavily by ability, experience, and the context of a problem to be solved. This seems to be a more complex, much less formally defined way of looking at semantics, but an extremely important one nonetheless.”
7. “ Well, slithy means lithe and slimy ... You see it's like a portmanteau -there are two meanings packed up into one word.”
8. “ In general, mental models seem to be cognitive views that humans construct in order to try to make sense of how things work. These views tend to be translated initally into highly visual (more generally, multi-sensory) representations in order to facilitate their communication.”
9. “ The term mental model has also been connected to logical formalisms used in mathematics, computer science, and other formal disciplines in order to describe a wide variety of semantic concepts.”
13. „ As urban space becomes mere function of motion, it thus becomes less stimulating in itself; the driver wants to go through the space, not to be aroused by it.“
17. "The city as we imagine it, the soft city of illusion, myth, aspiration, nightmare, is as real, maybe more real, than the hard city one can locate on maps in statistics, in monographs on urban sociology and demography and architecture."
23. “ Urbanism - "city planning" - is capitalism's method for taking over the natural and human environment. Following its logical development toward total domination, capitalism now can and must refashion the totality of space into its own particular decor."
24. "The dictatorship of the automobile - the pilot product of the first stage of commodity abundance - has left its mark on the landscape with the dominance of freeways, which tear up the old urban centres and promote an ever-wider disperal."
26. “ Speculative acceleration, in my experience, can go two ways. The one is going further and further into innerspace, exploring the spaces within spaces. Opposite to this movement is a speculative thought which wants to go out, towards the utopian, the Alien”
27. http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/placemarks/cl-05-19-06-166115812.kmz "The potential for negatively impacting the poor is clear, if public funding ultimately is required to finance infrastructural development, thus diverting resources for poverty allevation"
28. ” Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life”
30. “ The extraction of concepts from any field demands that these concepts be used as probes in order to get into a possibility space”
32. “ A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist”
34. “ We look at the present through a rear-view mirror. We march backwards into the future”
37. Make me an in- and outbound personal human model of the interface “city”, making use of the multi-layered and multi-sensored semantics of the street.
38. Acknowledgement: Amtekco Industries Incorporated, Andreas Feininger, Andy Warhol, Bedrich Grunzweig, Brenco Traubenhaft, Buckminster Fuller, Lewis Carroll, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, Dennis Flood, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit GmbH, Emma Stibbon, Gazprom, Google Incorporated, Gregory Crewdson, Guy Debord, Jean Nouvel, Jonathan Raben, Kodwo Eshun, Larry Latour, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Markus Angermeier, Marshall McLuhan, Matthew Nowicki, Mike Legeros, Miles Aldridge, New York Port Authorities, Not Bored Journal, Oscar Niemeyer, Oscar Wilde, Patrick Griffin, Ted Croner, Terry Rodgers, Thomas Hawk, Thomas Höpker, Ralf Peters, Renato Nicolodi, Richard Sennett, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Spencer Tunick, T.Beglin, The New York Public Library, University of Maine, University of Oklahoma, U.S. Air Force Academy, Walter Netsch Jr.,Wong Kar Wai, Zemir Org, 42nd and Broadway Composed by: Marc Boumeester 2007