On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
1. Correct format for suggestion email: email subject and email body; 2. How to choose the correct suggestion title: Sug-XX; 3. The procedure of Staff commenter and RT commenterdealing with suggestion; 4. How to submit high quality suggestion.
1. Correct format for suggestion email: email subjectand email body A. email subject: correct email subject is made up of 3parts: date(5/22), suggestion title(Sug-XX), and onesentence to summarize your suggestion.Sample: (date)Sug-XX:xxxxxxxxxx(5/22)Sug-Stay: Sug-stay: Move wink page into More infopage for users to send wink or quick message easily.
Pay attention to the details:a. Date: use the date you submit the suggestion, like(5/22); b. Sug-XX: choose the correct suggestion title (for details,please go to 2.How to choose the correct suggestion title:Sug-XX. ) c. The sentence to summarize your suggestion: try tomake it simple and clearly. Receiver easily knows whatchanges you want to do when reading your email title.
B. email body: correct email body is mainly made up of3 parts:describe changes you make in detail; list advantages of your changes; screenshots.
Pay attention to the details:a. Changes you make: describe them in details, whatchanges you want to make, and on which pages; b. Advantages/Reasons: what are the advantages forthose changes you make? c. Screenshots: usually there are three kinds ofscreenshots in one suggestion. screenshots from competitors or users feedback if any;
screenshots before change: normally two, one is fromtest site MasonSoft.com, another is from live siteMillionairematch.com (or your own project if it is aproject suggestion). screenshots after change (date): mark the date whenyou make the after change screenshots.
Take this suggestion email as an example:
2. How to choose the correct suggestion title: Sug-XX;Suggestion titles are different based on the changes madeare different kinds of pages. For example, if changes are made on registration pages,use title Sug-registration;if changes are made on payment pages, and the changesare about encouraging users to pay, then use title Sug-membership, etc.
Suggestions we have now:
Explanations of THREE "commenters": During suggestion procedureStaff CommenterRT Commenter During RT application procedureApply Commenter NoteStaff Commenters change weekly, while RT Commenters and Apply Commenters seldom have anychanges. Staff who are good at submitting quality suggestion will be assigned to be RT comments orApply Commenters.
Staff Commenter:The staff whom you submit the suggestion to, is calledstaff commenter. Staff commenter will check if yoursuggestion is good or not first, then decide whether toforward your suggestion to email@example.com; orrefuse your suggestion. (Staff commenters change weekly. )RT Commenter:The staff who decides your suggestion is good and offerbonus comment, is called RT commenter. This staff willreceive your suggestion from firstname.lastname@example.org.Then help you improve the suggestion and make bonuscomment.
Apply Commenter:When your suggestion gets the bonus comment, itbecomes an RT. Staff who deals with your RT requestand decide how to test and apply your RT to product site(s) is called Apply Commenter.
News about the arrangement of weekly Staff Commenters will sent to email@example.com on everyMonday morning. Check it carefully to find out your Staff Commenter this week.
3. The procedure of Staff commenter and RTcommenter dealing with suggestion;A. Procedure and format for sending the suggestion email. To: to your staff commenter;Cc: cc email address firstname.lastname@example.org (it is used to collectall suggestions ) submitted by all staff);Subject: (5/20)Sug-Registration: xxxxxx Note If your suggestion is about fixing the bugs, use this format:To: to email address email@example.com (qa staff will test and verify the bug your report);Cc: cc firstname.lastname@example.org and corresponding RT Commenter;Subject: (5/20)Sug-Registration: fix the bug on page XXXXX. After getting approval from qa staff, RT commenter will decide and offer bonus comment directly.
B. The procedure of Staff Commenter dealing with yoursuggestion. a. If Staff Commenter agrees with changes in your suggestion, Staff Commenter will: Forward it to: email@example.com; Cc: you b. If Staff Commenter disagrees with changes in your suggestion, Staff Commenter will: Reply to: you Then in the email body, Staff Commenter will list the reason for disagreement. Note: In this case, you may resend your suggestion to the Staff Commenter next week.
C. The procedure of RT Commenter dealing with yoursuggestion. a. When RT Commenter agrees with changes in your suggestion, s/he will offer bonus comment: To: you Cc: RTDistribute@gmail.com, CEO, Product Manager, assigned engineer Bonus comments in the email body: WORK WITH SAM ON MS. 88VIP (engineer will first apply your suggestion on MasonSoft.com) WORK WITH SAM ON ALL SITES. 88VIP (engineer will apply your suggestion to all product sites directly) b. When RT Commenter disagrees with changes in your suggestion, s/he will refuse it and reply to you directly. Note: In this case, you can do two things: a). Try to find out more better changes to improve your suggestion; b). If you do think your suggestion is pretty good enough, you can send it to Product Manager two weeks later in format: To: Product Manager Cc: RT commenter, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: (5/22)Sug-Registration(rejected): xxxxxxx Email Body: List the reasons of RT Commenters disagreement first, then your suggestion with newest before and after change screenshots.
Sample email of sending refused suggestion to Product Manager
Sample email of the bonus comment from RT Commenter
4. How to submit high quality suggestion.1. Check major competitors: eHarmony.com, Match.com, True.com, etc; For photos changes, refer to the popular site likePinterest.com, etc. Reading technical blogs like TechCrunch.com, etc. 2. Feedback from users: Check users feedback and complaint carefully. You canalways get some ideas. 3. And more, please refer to manual:https://workingmanual.pbworks.com/w/page/34269362/How-to-get-suggestion
4. How to submit high quality suggestion.1. Check major competitors: eHarmony.com, Match.com, True.com, etc; For photos changes, refer to the popular site likePinterest.com, etc. Reading technical blogs like TechCrunch.com, etc. 2. Feedback from users: Check users feedback and complaint carefully. You canalways get some ideas.