Mr. Dupree's Room
Room 701 Math 7/Pre-Algebra
Please sit at the desk you drew when walking
into class. Begin working on your "I am"
paper that is on your desk. The purpose of
this is to show me who you are a bit.
Before the bell rings
• Be on time.
• Enter the classroom quietly.
• Grab your notebooks from the basket up front
(unless otherwise posted).
• Sharpen your pencil before class starts. If
you do not have a pencil, TELL ME.
• Go directly to your assigned seat.
• Copy your homework into your agenda.
• Begin working on your opener and calendar.
• Listen and pay attention at all times.
• Raise your hand to ask a question or to
sharpen your pencil if it should break.
• If I am writing notes, you’d better be too.
• All bellwork, notes, homework assignments,
tests, quizzes, etc. should be done in pencil.
No pens in math class.
• No side conversations during instruction.
• You will have homework every night, expect it.
• You will usually have time at the end of class to work
• Always put your first and last name, the date, and
your class period on each assignment.
• Always do homework in PENCIL.
• Homework assignments will be checked at the
beginning of class during your warm up
Before Leaving Class
• You will be dismissed by rows to put your notebooks
back in the basket. You will not leave your notebook
on your desk.
• I will dismiss you, the bell does not dismiss you.
• We will not leave class until all my calculators are on
the wall and I have all my pencils back.
• Pick up around your table. Do not leave garbage on
your desk or on the floor.
• Tardiness is not acceptable.
• A tardy will be excused only if you bring a
note from your teacher.
• If you don’t have a note, you will be marked
tardy and given a strike
• See me the day you return to school for your
assignments. Do the work at home.
• I will make a copy of our notes for the day(s) you
miss and you can copy them into your binder after
you finish your math work for the day.
• If you miss a test, you will need to schedule a day
after school you can stay with me and take it.
It is your responsibility to come to me after
you’re absent. I will not track you down.
Homework – 10 %
Classwork – 10%
Quiz & Projects – 30%
Test & Exams – 50%
Notebook Grades will be given
Period / Subject
*Day* *Month* *Year*
No name papers are considered LATE. They
will be thrown in the garbage after the first
quarter. They will need to be redone for a
Late PapersYou are allowed 3 late
paper per Quarter, but it
it will only receive particle
Any other late papers that
Quarter the best grade
you will receive is a 50%!
Points will be deducted
accordingly for each day
they are late.
Get your work
In on time!
In on time!
Assignments need to be completed with quality
work in order to receive a grade for it.
Assignments will be returned to students if they
are not completed and the grade remains
MISSING (ZERO %) until completed and
This is a school policy.
Students must get in for extra help on problems
they do not understand how to do.
All work is required no matter what or no credit will be
given. That goes for when we start using calculators
also. No work no credit! Your work must match your
You are responsible for you own pen and pencil, don’t
forget it. Come to class prepared.
Highlight your names on all work turned in. Possible
extra credit on occasion.
NO LOCKER PASSES WILL BE ISSUED
NO REST ROOM PASSES ISSUED UNTIL THE
FIRST 20 MIN. OF CLASS !
If you are caught cheating or if you allow
someone to cheat off your work:
You will retake/redo whatever the work
is and only receive a 50% maximum!
You will be gived a MAJOR
NO GUM IS ALLOWED IN MY
CLASSROOM! IF I CATCH YOU
WITH IT, YOU WILL GET A STRIKE!
If you a caught chewing again, your
strikes will DOUBLE !
South Carolina Math standards are set up by SD
teachers. I need to make sure my students have
been taught these standards before the PASS test
is given in May. I need to make sure they
understand how to do these types of problems and
other problems associated with them.
MATH is not an easy subject for every one. It
takes a lot of time and effort. The student needs to
take the time to understand the concepts and get
the homework done to be successful in Math.
Learn the basics now it will make higher
level math classes a lot easier.
My Office Hours
Period 1: Planning
Period 2: Math 7
Period 3: Math 7
Period 4: Math 7
Period 5: Lunch Duty
Period 6: Pre-Algebra 7
Period 7: Planning
Period 8: Flex