View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
A team is a small number of people with
complementary skills who are committed to a
common purpose, performance goals, and
approach for which they hold themselves
• Purpose- What needs to be done?
• Clarity- What does the outcome look like?
• Direction- What path must be followed?
Effective goals must be SMART:
• TIME BOUND
Developmental Stages of Team
Stage 1: FORMING
Stage 2: STORMING
Stage 3: NORMING
Stage 4: PERFORMING
Planning Team Meetings:
• Define the meeting purposes and its desired
• Prepare an agenda
• Specify attendance and preparation
• Use meeting planning worksheets
• Establish meeting roles
Establishing Meeting Working Agreements:
• Stress on attendance and preparation
• Be prompt
• Follow the agenda
• Encourage participation
• Promote constructive disagreement
• End with an action
• Develop new working agreements
Is a universal human activity in which
leaders influence followers to act in
order to attain goals that represent the
motives, needs, wants, hopes and
expectations of both leaders and
Increasing leadership effectiveness:
• Maintaining and outcome orientation
• Focusing attention
• Leading others by example
• Balancing the heart and mind.