T: Now let&#x2019;s look at Key influencers to retain and build relationships\nAsk? How long do you want to connect with someone that can&#x2019;t be counted on?\nPlay sports and one of your team never shows up or is late all the time &#x2013; same in workplace\nMultiple access mechanisms\nRapid response\nAccountable and reliable\nPut yourself in their shoes\nSpecial relationships\nReduce errors\nMeet objectives: on time &#x2026;do what you say you are going to do\nReduce/ eliminate causes of complaints or dissatisfaction\nRecovery or making things right\n[Share: (at the table or with your partner) One &#x2018;nurturing&#x2019; action you are going to take inside your organization and one externally. Plan this into your organizer.\n\nClose: Nurturing is the key. Lots of people do the acquisition of relationships but stop there.\nT: An interesting quote\n
1. ...Attracting ...Keeping ...Growing your customersa Text Customer Service Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
2. Key Learnings:Customer service excellenceCustomer satisfaction facts service excellence - CustomerThree facets of outstanding satisfaction facts - Customer customer care - Three facets of outstanding customer care Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
3. “There is only one valid definition of business purpose:To create and keep a customer.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc. -Peter Drucker
4. Customer Service Excellence…Understanding today’s customer desires…Anticipating future customer desires and marketplace offerings Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
5. The 6 ‘RIGHTS’ …of Customer Service Excellence The right people In the right place At the right time At the right price With the right level of communication A profit - Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
6. Customer Value Proposition: Benefits which a Vendor’s marketing Vendor promises that a & sales efforts offer Customer will receive customer value in return for customer Vendor’s Delivery & payment Customer Service processes fulfill that value proposition Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
7. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
8. “The challenge of business is toprovide more with less resourcesfor customers who demand more for less money.” - Bill Bonnstetter Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
9. Todays Multichannel,Social Customers Expect: Higher levels of trust from companies & sellers More benefits (for the same price) Better & deeper understanding of their needs Quicker turnaround on questions & deliverables “Referrals are powered by customer reviews or “word of mouse” - buyers go online, read reviews and make decisions” - The Summary News, CHBA – Mar.2012 Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
10. “If you care at all you’ll get results. If you care enough you’ll get incredible results.”Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
11. “Mistakes are a fact of life andlead to only two things: growth or failure. The only way to attain growth from mistakes is to acknowledge them.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
12. The worst customer service I have ever received: Where? What happened? How did you feel? Did you tell anyone? How many people have you told? Have you specifically told people NOT to do business with this company Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
13. Customer Satisfaction Facts Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
14. Why Customers Leave:1% Die3% Move away5% Influenced by friends10% Lured away by competitors14% Dissatisfied with product or service67% Leave because of an attitude of indifference Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
15. Additional Facts Only 4% of customers take the time to complain. 96% will just go away…the ‘quiet’ customer. A dissatisfied customer will tell at least 8 other people. If you are efficient and effective in resolving complaints in favour of the customer…7out of 10 customers will do business with you again. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
16. Client Retention Costs about five times as much to attract a new customer as it costs to keep an old one Raising customer retention rates by 5% could increase the value of an average customer by 25-100% The probability of selling service to a new customer is 1 in 16…selling service to a current customer is 1 in 2 Loyal customers who refer others generate business at very low or no cost Easier to get present customers to buy 10 % more than to increase your customer base by 10% Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
17. What does it mean to have adelightful, amazing, emotionally engaging customer experience? Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
18. Areas for ProvidingOutstanding Customer Care Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
19. Areas for Providing Outstanding Customer Care Products/ services Physical facilities Jobsite management Payment procedures Technical support Service follow up Appearance of staff Speed & accuracy of delivery Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
20. Areas for Providing Outstanding Customer Care Products/ services Physical facilities Jobsite management Payment procedures Technical support Service follow up Appearance of staff Speed & accuracy of delivery Tangibles Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
21. Areas for Providing Outstanding Customer Care Products/ services Physical facilities Jobsite management Payment procedures Technical support Service follow up Appearance of staff Speed & accuracy of delivery Tangibles Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
22. Areas for Providing Outstanding Customer Care Products/ services Physical facilities Jobsite management Payment procedures Technical support Service follow up Appearance of staff Speed & accuracy of delivery Tangibles Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
23. Areas for Providing Outstanding Customer Care Products/ services Courtesy/Politeness Physical facilities Accessibility Jobsite management Responsiveness Payment procedures Information/Advice Technical support Pleasant atmosphere Service follow up Good communications Competent staff Appearance of staff Willingness to help Speed & accuracy of delivery Trustworthiness Security/confidentiality Tangibles Clarity of Customer’s needs Intangibles Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
24. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
25. “Build a foundation of trust by “under promising and over delivering.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
26. Three Facets ofOutstanding Customer Care Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
27. #1 Your Internal Customer Result: Satisfied employees want to give exceptional Hanec & Associates Inc. Cec service
28. Your Employee(s) Focus on the customer in everything that they do – Focus on retaining current customers forever… not just getting new customers – “Being the best ” in providing outstanding Customer Commitment Customer mission Service culture – Standards of excellence Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
29. Personal Accountability To whom are you accountable ? Do you do what you say you are going to do? What are the consequences when you dont keep your promises? How can you create more accountability for yourself…for your team? How would your business be different if there was real accountability? Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
30. Standards of Excellence Must be SMART: – Specific – Measurable – Attainable – Relevant – Trainable and timely Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
31. #2 Your ExternalResult:Satisfiedemployees aretrained to giveexceptionalservice. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
32. People who understand people are in great demand. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
33. Get out of your shoes andinto the other person’s shoes Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
34. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
35. “The customers/people you work withmay not always be right, but we mustallow them to be wrong with dignity.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
36. The Platinum Rule“Do unto others the waythey want to be treated.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc. -Tony Alexandra
37. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
38. “Perception is all there is.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
39. “Tell me what you can do for me…not what you can’t do for me!” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
40. Practice Active Listening Not Getting Your Answer Ready Put Your Own Agenda Aside Stop What You’re Doing & Listen To The Other Person Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
41. “Communicate in a way that buildsbonds of …mutual trust, confidence, respect and understanding.” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
42. #3 Customer Friendly Systems Result: Quick, efficient systems and processes delivering exceptional service with high quality at an affordable price Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
43. The visible 10% of service The invisible 90% of service“Systematic approaches are 80% of customerservice.” Customers For Life Cec Hanec & Associates Inc. - Carl Sewell
44. The Invisible 90% Of Service: Shared business Ongoing training strategy Systems compatibility Managing total Knowledge mg’t process Defined competencies Clear values, mission, Internal communication vision, goals Internal customer care Teamwork -John Butler, - Successful Entrepreneurial Management Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
45. Measuring Customer Satisfaction: •Surveys •Formal & informal feedback •Customer account histories •Focus groups •Complaints •Personal •Internet or email 3rd party Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
46. Top 3 Drivers for Investing inCustomer Experience Management1. Improve customer retention (42 %)2. Improve customer satisfaction (33 %)3. Increase cross-selling and up-selling (32 %)“70% of customer experience management best in class adoptersuse customer feedback to make strategic decisions.”- Aberdeen Group, Customer Experience Management: EngagingLoyal Customers to Evangelize Your Brand Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
47. “Every action affects customer satisfaction.” - Randy WidrickCec Hanec & Associates Inc.
48. Forging Bonds & Loyalty …Leverage integrated CRM systems & data … Use touch points to deliver a "unified, personalized & relevant customer experience” …bring all your resources – sales,marketing & customer service …Start to segment customers - most value …Treat each customer in a way that reflects everything you know about that customer Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
49. Cycle of Service (Moments of truth) Signage Your people Key Contact Website Areas Phone/Text/Email contact Quick Response Job Site Management codes (QR)…Takes 6 positive moments to make up for 1 negative experience Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
50. Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
51. “Happiness is not the absence of problems ratherthe ability to deal with them” Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
52. Six steps for solving customer problems Clearly define your customer problem Develop departmental standards in line with customer mission Provide training where necessary Implement plan to avoid recurring problem Enhance, where possible, tangible and intangible areas for outstanding customer care Share best practices Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
53. Dynamic customer satisfaction is the result of a plan. It doesn’t just happen. The area we fall so short in is the planning, not the doing.” - Bill Bonnstetter Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
54. Nurturing Facts There actually exists a place called ‘TOP OF MIND’ You must maintain consistent and appropriate contact to permanently occupy your critical customers’ ‘TOP OF MIND’ position Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
55. Key Influencers To ‘Retain’ and ‘Build’ Connections What actions could you take in the next month to nurture your business connections? “ Success in the future will go to those who master the ability to nurture critical constituents.” - Jim Cecil Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.
57. Presenter, Facilitator, Personal Business Coach O: (204) 254 – 8852 firstname.lastname@example.org www.cechanec.comCreative Solutions for the ‘people side’ of business Cec Hanec & Associates Inc.