On-page optimization (on-page SEO) is what can be done on the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the on-page contentOff-page optimization (off-page SEO) is what can be done off the pages of a website to maximize its performance in search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content and keywords in off- page direct-links.
Search Engine Optimisation - An Overview
SEO is the activity of optimizing Web Pages or whole
sites in order to make them more search engine
friendly, thus getting higher positions in search results.
SEO is the process of improving the volume or
quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via
SEO aims to improve rankings for relevant keywords
in search results.
Search Engine is a web
application designed to hunt
for specific keywords and
group them according to
Search engine is a website
use to find
information on World Wide
H1, ALT & Anchor Tags
Search engine submission.
Meta Tag Optimization
Social Bookmarking submission.
Press release submission.
Blog creation & Posting .
H1 & H2 HEADING FORMAT
• Applying H1 & H2 Tags in your source, will be helpful for
achieving high ranking
• Most sites contain images, it will be advisable to put ALT
Tags for all these images to make sites more Search Engine
• For example <img src=“example.jpg “, alt=“Example
KEYWORDS RICH ANCHOR TEXT
• Anchor text for both external links and internal links is the
powerful element for Search Engines Positioning.
• For example
• <a href=“http://www.capgemini.com/”>Example
• Make attractive and easy to understand title tag
• Describe about your business wisely so that surfer understand
well about your business.
• Generate keywords set after research has been done. These
keywords best describe what the surfers searching for
RESEARCH ON KEYWORDS
• Find the best keywords that describes your business and products
offered. The most searchable keywords terms by surfers.
IMPROVE KEYWORDS PROMINENCE, DENSITY &
• Keywords at the beginning of your page. Total keywords contained
within the total text the closeness between two or more
A sitemap is a graphical ( visual ) presentation that lists all the
different pages contained within a website.
• Displays hierarchically grouped, lists of hyperlinks belonging to all the pages of a website
• Primarily designed for humans
• Site visitors can easily navigate through the website
• Allows search engine spiders to easily find all the hyperlinks to every page on the website
• List of the different URLs of a website but the list is created using very specific syntax (
i.e. XML ) that all search engines spiders are trained to understand with ease
• Informs search engine spiders about the different URLs of the website in a language they
• Accelerates search engine indexing
Keep it Short
Use static URLs
Stick with a single URL format
throughout the site
Descriptive URLs are Better
Describe Your Content
Robots.txt is a text file you
put on your site to tell search
robots which pages you
would like them not to visit.
Can be used for blocking bad
Should be placed in main
directory so that the user
agents will not be able to find
it and index the whole site
Avoid indexing of unwanted
Search engine submission is how a webmaster submits a web site
directly to a search engine
Social bookmarking is a way for people to
store, organize, search, and manage
bookmarks are usually public, and can be
viewed by other members of the site where
they are stored
Benefits of Social Bookmarking
•Increased Visibility & Branding
•Get more Links
Article submission allows the users
to submit their articles to the
article directories and have live
links in the author resource box
Most popular and one of the
oldest link building methods
Allow visits to your website
through article submissions
Increase your organic traffic count
A well-written press release should contain
embedded links to key web pages on your
site. When it is distributed through a press
release distribution service & posted on
numerous third-party websites and blogs, it
will give powerful back links to your site.
This means those links serve as a link signal
for the major search engines and elevate
your search visibility for your website.
•Press release should be newsworthy
•Clearly define your goals and target
•Focus on getting your keywords in first two
Blog Submission and Blog Posting
is one of the most popular and
efficient method to boost search
engine ranking and create back
links to optimize your website on
the top search engines of the
Increase traffic to your Blog
Visitors from Blog Directory
Increase organic traffic from search engines
Page rank Increment
Blog will be submit under right category and get the
result through keywords in search engines
Brand Name Reputation
• Link Popularity refers to the number of links pointing to
our site from other sites on the Web.
• Link building is one of the most important factors in getting
top placements on the major search engines
• Inbound links are one of the most important factors for
getting a high keyword ranking
• Most search engines rank their search result based on the link
popularity from the site
• Not only quantity of links, but the quality of links is also
• A Link from a site outside of your website.
• Inbound links means send visitors to your site
• A link to a site outside of your site
• Outbound links means send visitors away from your site.
Quality of inbound links
Rate of new inbound links
Internal link popularity
Quality of outbound links
Quality of Content
Hierarchy of site navigation
Age of domain
Frequency of updates
Black Hat SEO
White Hat SEO
• Conforms to search
engine designs and
involves no deception
• Approved by search
• Results last a long
• Techniques used to
get higher search
rankings in an
• Disapproved by search
• Site is eventually
banned, de-indexed or
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.