1. MARKETING APPLICATIONS & PRACTICES MARK CLASSES … A Remarkable Choice Presented to: Prof. Yasmin Singaporewala Presented by: PRANALI BANGAL 64 SWAGAT BARE 65 MANEESHA PATEL 96 NAMITA RAINA 106 RAJU PATEL 114
2. FIRM PROFILE:Name: MARK CLASSESPlace: Arthur Road, MumbaiCompany Business: o It is basically a coaching classes. o Provides education from S.S.C. to M.Com o Provides Computer courses like Tally, DTP, Web Designing etc. o Partnership Firm (3 Partners) o Have authorization of 4 Open Universities MISSION & VISION
3. MARKETING…(A) SEGMENTATION: Geographic (Local) Demographic (Age, Gender, Income, Occupation)(B) TARGET: Students (15-25 age group) Working Professionals(C) POSITIONING: As a remarkable choice
4. Continue…Product : Offer CoachingPrice : Penetration… (Rs. 7,000-25,000/-)Various other Pricing strategies: Bundled pricing strategy Discounted pricing strategyPlace : Arthur RoadPromotion : Pamphlet Distribution Advertisement in Newspapers Banner Ads at Bus stops & railway stations Promotion in various college events`
5. FINANCE:Estimated volume of Funds: Rs. 1.20 Cr.Sources of Funds: Admissions Returns on InvestmentsWhat is done with profit? Equal distribution among partners Investments in various schemes for future returns
6. Human Resource Management:a.Total staff : 52 staffs (including teachers, admin, and peons).b. Age group : between (20 to 40 years)c. Skilled/ semi skilled staffs : Skilled personnel for teaching, admin & paperchecking Semi skilled for supervision & as peons.d. Salary structure:Basic Salary + T.A. (ranges between 5000 to 30,000 p.m.)
7. Continue…e. Recruitment.f. Education qualifications.g. Job Design & Job Specification:A) Job Design:i) For teachers: 2 hours lectures twice in a week. Salary depends upon the no. of lectures takesii) For other staffs: 9 hours duty. Convincing admissions Keeping daily records of students etc.B) Job Specification:C) LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
8. Continue…h. Shifts: 2 shiftsi. Internal communication: Both up/down and side-to-side within anorganization is done as follows: One-on-one meetings Staff/team meetings Emails Open Door policyj. Motivational measures taken: incentives, bonus, extra pay on overtime etc.k. Training: - On the job training is provided.
9. Problem faced by firm: The main problem which is being faced by thefirm is low admissions for FY/SY/TYB.Com.Reasons:We found that the main reason behind this problemis availability of various other degree courses such asBAF, BMS, BBI, BMM etc.Also in that particular area there is stiff competitionin the same industry.Recommendations:The firm should expand its business and shouldstart with the above degree courses.The advertisement is not done time to time so itshould be checked.