View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Born on September -- 17, 1950 Small
district of Gujarat, Vadnagar.
• He was the third of six children born to
Damodardas Mulchand Modi and his wife
• Education- post graduation in political
• During the Indo-Pak war in the mid sixties,
he volunteered to serve the soldiers in
transit at railway stations.
• Joined Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, a
student organisation and was involved in the
• Nav Nirmāṇ ("Reconstruction") Movement.
• Nominated as representative in Bharatiya
• KNOWLEDGE COORIDOR- stretch
between Gandhinagar and
• 5 major universities included.
• Nirma University at Ahmedabad,
DDU at Nadiad, DAIICT at
Gandhinagar, Shyamji Krishna Verma
University at Kutch and Ganpat
University at Mehsana.
• IIT, GANDHINAGAR.
• National law university.
• Agricultural universities.
EARLY ACTIVISM AND POLITICS
• Pracharak in RSS during his University
• In partnership with Shankersinh Vaghela,
Modi set about creating a strong cadre
base in Gujarat.
• The party started gaining political mileage
and formed a coalition government at the
centre in April 1990.
• Modi was entrusted with the
responsibility of organizing two crucial
the Somnath to Ayodhya Rath Yatra.
• He was appointed the National Secretary
of the Party and given the charge of five
states in 1995.
• Narendra Modi was chosen by the party
to be the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
• Elected as the student leader of Akhil Bhartiya Vidhyarthi
Parishad (ABVP) and played a prominent role in various sociopolitical movements in Gujarat.
• Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a socio-cultural
organization in social and cultural development of India.
• There he imbibed the spirit of nation-before-self and serviceto-the-needy.
• Entered the mainstream politics by joining the BJP in 1987.
• Within a year, he assumed the responsibility of the General
Secretary of the Gujarat unit.
• BJP in power- 2/3 majority.
• Active work in BJP.
• Became the CM of Gujarat in OCT,2001.
Developments in Gujarat.
• Blueprint for Infrastructure in Gujarat – BIG 2020, envisages a total
capital outlay of Rs.3,57,468 crores .
• 11 broad sectors such as Power, Water and Irrigation, Ports, Roads,
Industrial Parks and SEZs, Urban Infrastructure, Gas, Knowledge
Corridors, Railways and Airports, Tourism and Telecom –
• 11 airports, one international airport, an extensive rail network and
a robust road network.
• Gujarat is blessed with a coastline of over 1600 km, the longest in
the country, and is dotted with 41 ports.
• More than 98% villages in Gujarat are connected with concrete
roads. This excellent rural road connectivity is the best in the
country and translates into fast track growth.
• Announcement of special auto-port.
• Kanya Kelavani Nidhi has been
created with a long term goal that
no girl child in Gujarat remains
• The drop-out rate is supported by
new enrolments through Kanya
kelavani Rath Yatra (girl child
enrolment drive), a unique initiative
in Gujarat. Since 2003, every year in
the month of June, the Chief
Minister along with the team
travels to remote villages to
encourage parents to enrol their
children in schools.
• Modi’s postion
• Criticism of
• Congress ban of
Awards and Recognition
• Gujarat Ratna by Shri Poona
Gujarati Bandhu Samaj at Ganesh
Kala Krida Manch on celebration of
• e-Ratna award by the Computer
Society of India
• Best Chief Minister – In a nationwide
survey conducted in 2006 by India
Today magazine, Narendra Modi
was declared the Best Chief Minister
in the country.
• Asian Winner of the fDi Personality
of the Year Award for 2009 by fDi
Learnings from Mr.
• Desire + stability = Resolution
• Resolution + Hardwork = success
• Transforming obstacles into
• Sheer commitment in whatever
• Welfare society.
• “Never looking back”
• Master strategist.
• Long Term Planning & Clear Focus
• Risk Taker