2. Just a heads-up, shes not in the entertainment business.Identify her.
3. Marissa Mayer, The new CEO of Yahoo
4. This company was started by the husband-wife team of Tim andNina in 1979. The idea germinated over dinner with friends whenthey discussed the shortcomings of restaurant critics in thenewspapers. Thus began the idea of surveying people on this topicon a variety of dimensions (today, the survey has a 30-point scale).Google recently acquired this company, for their content andbrand. The companys name is the same as the couples last name.Which company?
5. The second self-funded space tourist and the firstSouth-African in space.Identify this guy.
6. Mark Shuttleworth,The founder ofCanonical(makers of Ubuntu OS)
7. Recently, he was spotted in the French Rivera with a bevy ofmodels, and ran up 50,000 dollars tab on the bar in St. Tropez.He also features on the list of the Forbes billionaires list at no.782. Who is this reclusive billionaire?
8. Eduardo Saverin.
9. Among the five, the first three are lucky enough tohave names. The first one (known since 1978) iscalled "Charon", a boatman of the dead in Greekmythology. The next two were found together, in2005, and are called "Nix" (the mother of "Charon"and the goddess of night) and "Hydra" (themythical nine-headed serpent).The last two havethe eminently boring identifiers of "S/2011(134340) 1" and "S/2012 (134340) 1", denotingwhen they were found. "S/2012 (134340) 1" waslocated in July 2012.What are these five?
10. The satellites of Pluto, the dwarf-planet-formerly-known-as-a-planet.
12. The Paypal Mafia.
13. WTF Identify The Designer of this ring.
14. Mark Zuckerberg designed this ringfor his wife Priscilla Chan.
15. WTF GNU software is copy righted, but not in the same sense as other software you might own. Software created under the GNU Public License is free to reproduce and use but carries certain restrictions. What is this concept called?
16. Copyleft…. :P
17. According to X’s founder Drew Houston ,he conceivedthe idea after repeatedly forgetting his USB flashdrive while he was a student at MIT. He says thatexisting services at the time "suffered problems withInternet latency, large files, bugs, or just made me thinktoo much." He began making something for himself, butthen realized that it could benefit others with the sameproblem. Houston founded X Inc. in 2007.Id X.
18. WTF Connect/Identify:
19. The guy is Nicolas Léonard SadiCarnot and the word which isblanked out is Carnot
20. The famous X was produced by Musikvergnuegen andwritten by Walter Werzowa from the Austrian 1980ssampling band Edelweiss.X has since undergonesubstantial changes in tone since the introduction ofthe ______________________________________, yetkeeps the same jingle.Id X
21. The Intel Jingle.
22. WTF It is one of the most sophisticated pieces of malicious software ever discovered. It has about 20 times as much code than Stuxnet. It is built with some 20 modules - researchers still dont understand the full purpose of most of them. Kaspersky Lab, which claimed credit for uncovering it, believes the virus may be the work of the same nation or nations that built the Stuxnet worm that attacked Irans nuclear program in 2010. Which virus??
23. The Flame virus.
24. Identify the blurred personalities.
25. Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning.
26. This graphic novel, issued in 2011, is written by Jim Ottaviani andillustrated by Leland Myrick. The subject is a non-fictionalbiography of a legendary twentieth century figure, known for hiscontributions to physics,education, and for popularising science.He was also an amateur musician and painter.Who is this book about?
27. Richard Feynman
28. X(blurred out in the above xkcd comic) isa microblogging platform and social networking website.Id X.
29. BITCH PLEASE!!!!Id this guy.
30. Yao Ming, a professional basketball player
31. While filming one of his films in 2006, actor X came up with the idea for asimple wordplay site where people could respond to a daily wordplay topicin an attempt to "one-up" each other in the cleverness of their response.However, as he knew nothing about the web, the codes or design, he turnedto his first cousin 1 for help. So although the basic idea behind this websiteis Xs, the site was designed, built and is run entirely by 1, who worked asSocial Design Strategist at Y and hence, the userbase of this website is builtsolely off Y. X also shares another special connection with Ys founder. 1 Identify X and Y.
32. X-Jesse EisenbergY-Mark Zuckerberg
33. WTF Why are these scientific publications of recent interest? Hurley, I; Hershlag, N; Woodward, J (October 1998). "A Simple Method to Demonstrate the Enzymatic Production of Hydrogen from Sugar". Journal of Chemical Education 75 (10): 1270. Baird, AA; Kagan, J; Gaudette, T; Walz, KA; Hershlag, N; Boas, DA (August 2002). "Frontal lobe activation during object permanence: data from near-infrared spectroscopy". NeuroImage 16 (4): 1120–6. doi:10.1006/nimg.2002.1170. PMID 12202098.
34. The "Hershlag, N." refers to Natalie Portman( she isprobably the only Oscar winner with an Erdos number.)
35. Quoting from Wikipedia, the definition for thistwo word term from aeronautics is:an aerial maneuver in which an airplane makes acomplete rotation on its longitudinal axis whilefollowing a helical path, approximatelymaintaining its original direction. It issometimes described as "a combination of aloop and a roll".This term became part of an internet sensationin November 2011. What term and why thehooplah?
36. The term is "barrel roll". Google revealed a new"easter egg" in which one could type "do a barrel roll"on the Google search engine (on reasonably modernbrowsers such as Chrome or new Firefox versions) tocause the page to imitate a "barrel roll".
37. The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory isnamed after Ernest Lawrence (a Nobel laureate forPhysics) and is situated in Livermore, California, in theUnited States. On the other side of the former IronCurtain, the Flerov Laboratory of Nuclear Reactions ispart of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, and islocated in Dubna, near Moscow. This one is namedafter Georgy Flerov, a Russian physicist.They recently became neighbours in a particular way.Explain?
38. Two synthetic chemical elements, numbers 116and 114, have been named Livermorium andFlerovium respectively, in honour of these twoinstitutes where they were discovered.
39. WTF Which website is housed in this bomb- proof underground nuclear-shelter-turned- datacenter?
40. WTF Now infamous cover. Who?
41. Kevin Rose,an American Internetentrepreneur who co-foundedRevision3, Digg, Pownce, and Milk.